Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseTheLionhead

Reaction score
Hi there, My name is Lucas, I'm 21 years old living in Illinois, USA.
This past Saturday I adopted a small female Lion Head that I just called Eclipse! I'm a brand new owner to rabbit in general so expect me to ask many question and tips along the way, I've been wanting a pet rabbit since I was in the 4th grade so I finally decided its time since I'm stuck at home all the time because of COVID-19!
Her birthday is May 28, 2020 so shes only 3 months old! She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and has already a great personalty. When she does become older she will be attending shows around the country with me!
She does have her own Instagram Page to for daily updates and cute pictures! Thank you for having such a supportive community for people that are new to the rabbit game!

Attachments

• 20200802_183253.jpg
    20200802_183253.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200802_220623.jpg
    20200802_220623.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 12
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ (figured it out with help) THANKS @Blue eyes πŸ‘
I'll try to explain as well as show some pics. NIC grids are quite sturdy if they are made into a cube cage. When the corners are together and there are shelves holding them together -- then they are strong.

Without those corners, there is nothing to hold them upright. So if I make a wall by stacking 3 grids high, that would make a wall roughly 40" tall. I show a diagram of such a wall that is 4 grids wide. It could be made as wide as one wants. BUT, once you try to stand them up, they will not stand on their own. The diagram shows how the top level (or even top and bottom) would just flop over. Hopefully that makes sense.

As for having corners and making them into a cage, then they are sturdy. Here is a very old (about 20 years) photo of a cube cage just made. (I no longer use bottles.) There is a stuffed rabbit visible on an upper level. That same rabbit can be seen in the next photo with my toddler. My son is actually sitting inside the cage on that upper level and it is strong enough to hold him.
{It won't hold him nowadays as he is 6'3" !!}:)

Latest posts

Back