Hello,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexBunniesLop

Reaction score
Hello to everyone at rabbits online :)

I have been reading and using this site for quite a while now and finally decided to join the fun.

I currently own two dogs, one being a hyperactive jack russell making it impossible to have a rabbit at present plus we are in the process of moving house. Hopefully in the future i will get a bunny for myself. In the mean time i like to read about all your lovely rabbits and learn at much as i can until i am able to get one.

Glad to have you join us. I am the opposite of you, I have 3 cats and 2 buns but no dogs. 1. because we can't have any where we live and 2. because of my buns. Melody is super laid back and doesn't care but I'm not sure how my foster bun would react to a dog. It took her 2 months to accept my alpha cat.

thank you jennifer

amber - i wish my dogs would be that laid back, the older one im sure would be fine but the jack russell on the other hand, i wouldnt like to even risk that situation. shes got a very strong hunting instinct in her. (i know all jack russells do, but she shows it more than other jacks ive met ). did you need to slowly introduce your animals or did they immediatley get along?

I never had a problem with the older cats. They just ignored my rabbits when I introduced them. I thought for sure the male would as he was a big hunter at the time. My younger male, who is now the alpha was raised with the buns. I got him as an 8 week old kitten and already had Ceri at the time. Ceri was a big broken blue (about 10 lbs.) and the two of them used to play together.
When we get a house of our own I plan on rescuing a puppy that way it will be around rabbits it's whole life.

Welcome!
SOunds like you are doing things right and researching beforehand :)
This is a great forum. Glad you found us!

Latest posts

Back