Hello, from SW Ohio

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACC0811

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is John, I'm from Centerville, OH. For those that want to know, it's just south of Dayton, and about 40 miles north of Cincinnati.

I have had rabbits before and am interested in raising some again. My favorite, and previous 2, are New Zealand dwarf bunnies. I also had a cottontail that I rescued for a little while before releasing it. This was all over 25 years ago when I was a kid. Now, I would like to get my kids started in raising rabbits now and possibly get them into 4H when they are old enough. I'm interested in Flemish giants, Dutch and Rex breeds currently.

I'm also looking into getting about a dozen chicks to raise as well for breeding, meat and eggs. But, I'm still doing research on this since we plan on moving or building a new house within the next year or so.

I have a barn I could keep these guys in, but I think it would be a bit drafty for baby bunnies and chicks. Plus, I have to do some pest control to keep a groundhog out that has made it's home under the workshop area. The previous owner has a couple 36"x18" hutches in the barn, but they are old and patched with odd things, like an old tile trowel.

Well, I hope to learn what I have forgotten over the years. Thanks!

Hey we have many critters here in Louisiana that run around and have to be carefull about rodents as well. Hanging cages are best unless you have a closed off area where you can raise stacking cages for buns.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back