Hello From Ohio

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottiegirl25

Reaction score
Hi my name is Stacey and i am happy to announce that i have opened my home to Lily a Blanc de Hotot. I found her on my local freecycle group, and i think i got to her just in time too. Miss Lilly is under weight i guess she weighs about four too five pounds! her hips and bones are sticking out poor bunn :(. She was also housed in an old rat type cage with an upper level that she couldnt even use, she is now in a decent size puppy cage she has room to move now! i want to build her a cage or get her a bigger one in the near future though. I just spoke to a local breeder about her and they suggested feeding her rolled oats and sunflower seed to help get her weight up as well as an 18% protein pellet. i need to goto the store later and will pick these items up as well as some toys and chew items. I have about 30lbs of food that the person gave me with the bunny that they foregot to feed for a week. but its not in the original bag so i have no idea what kind or anything else about it. Im calling my vet for recommendations today and to get her checked out. I hope that i can get her back to a healthy bunny. she is so sweet and lovable!

Welcome! RO is definitely the place to get advice about rabbit care! :thumbup

Good for you for saving Lily! Poor thing! Rabbits are grazers, so need access to food on a regular basis. If she hasn't been fed for a week, I think I'd start with just hay and water for now. Sunflower seeds and oats may be too rich for her after being starved for so long. Perhaps you should ask in the Infirmary.

Rue

:wave:Hi andwelcome

Poor little bunny..i'm happy that Lilly has new home nowthough

Looking forward to hearing more about her

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Lily is great and seems very happy with her new surrondings. im going to attempt to trim her nails today as they are very long. having a hard time finding a qualified vet around me that is resonable but got some good info from one. well gotta go for now animals need cared for and its already noon lol.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

I am glad you rescued Lily and are nursing her back to good health.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back