Hello from New Zealand!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_discowhore

Reaction score
Hi all, new bunny owner from New Zealand just checking in! I got my first "own" bunny in the weekend (had bunnies as kids, but my parents cared for them), he is a 10 week old cashmere mini lop, a broken fawn colour with a splash of light grey- very adorable! I'm so surprised by what a confident little guy he is, he has met my bf/s two cats and my two dogs and didn't bat an eyelid- just went right up and touched noses with them, sniffed a bit then went back to eating and he hasn't been frightened by any scary inside noises like the hairdryer and me banging around getting ready for class in the morning. He loves to lie down on my lap and get stroked between his ears, though his attention span is pretty short and he can only take a few minutes of cuddling before he is off to explore the world again.

I am really into dog training (currently training 7 month Doberman in tracking and obedience, used to compete in agility with past Doberman) so hopefully I can teach the bunny a thing or two :D. Apart from training with my dog, I like to DJ in my spare time and am a full time biology student (second year), animal behaviour is my main focus of study... also interested in nutrition and exercise. So yeah, hi everyone!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back