Hello from Croatia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, Fluff is so cute!! :bunnyheart

I'd never heard of degus before now! I don't think they're found in Australia as pets. They look like they'd be a great addition to your home!

Welcome to RO!

Aw, Fluff is so cute!! :bunnyheart

I'd never heard of degus before now! I don't think they're found in Australia as pets. They look like they'd be a great addition to your home!

Welcome to RO!

Thank you.

Degus are quite exotic as a pet in my country too. They are social and smart little creatures... :inlove::inlove: They MUST be kept in pairs at least and they need a cage with lot of space. I rearranged a 2 meters high showcase in my living room just for them... :inlove::inlove:

He is SOOO ADORABLE!!!! I just can't get over how cute it is when he is licking himself and you while you're grooming him. SO CUTE!

...and a video

Utterly obscene!! It just doesn't seem like it should be possible for something to be THAT freaking adorable without being equally naughty! My bunnies are adorable, but they'd never lie there snuggling and licking while I combed them, because they balance out their cuteness with naughtiness.

I can't get over those helicopter ears! Lionlops combine the cutest aspects of both my bunnies - Nala's mane and Gazzle's lop ears :D. I want to snuggle the hell out of your rabbit!

By the way, I know you probably don't have nearly as many healthy pellet options in Croatia, but you really do need to try to find something a bit better - museli style mixes are really unhealthy to begin with, and I see whole corn kernels and what looks like it could be seeds in his food (both of which are huge no-nos for bunnies). Corn is a cheap, unnutritious filler that's commonly used in animal food (especially small animals)... unfortunately, bunnies can't digest the outer husk of the kernel and eating it can potentially cause some serious digestive troubles.

Ideally, you want a *plain* pellet (ie nothing but pellets in it) with 12-14% protein and at least 18-20% fiber (minimum); this site has more in-depth info on what makes a good pellet for house bunnies. If you can't find something that's ideal, then get the closest thing you can find that doesn't have seeds, nuts, dried fruits/veggies or pieces of corn in it :).

Seriously, he's so cute, it's just not right!

Hmm... apparently you can fly from Houston to Croatia for like $1000... I might have to save up for a bunny-napping... ;)

He is SOOO ADORABLE!!!! I just can't get over how cute it is when he is licking himself and you while you're grooming him. SO CUTE!

Thank you ;) I too can't express by words how good is he to us... he brings out a smile on our faces during the whole day...

Utterly obscene!! It just doesn't seem like it should be possible for something to be THAT freaking adorable without being equally naughty! My bunnies are adorable, but they'd never lie there snuggling and licking while I combed them, because they balance out their cuteness with naughtiness.

I can't get over those helicopter ears! Lionlops combine the cutest aspects of both my bunnies - Nala's mane and Gazzle's lop ears :D. I want to snuggle the hell out of your rabbit!

By the way, I know you probably don't have nearly as many healthy pellet options in Croatia, but you really do need to try to find something a bit better - museli style mixes are really unhealthy to begin with, and I see whole corn kernels and what looks like it could be seeds in his food (both of which are huge no-nos for bunnies). Corn is a cheap, unnutritious filler that's commonly used in animal food (especially small animals)... unfortunately, bunnies can't digest the outer husk of the kernel and eating it can potentially cause some serious digestive troubles.

Ideally, you want a *plain* pellet (ie nothing but pellets in it) with 12-14% protein and at least 18-20% fiber (minimum); this site has more in-depth info on what makes a good pellet for house bunnies. If you can't find something that's ideal, then get the closest thing you can find that doesn't have seeds, nuts, dried fruits/veggies or pieces of corn in it :).

Seriously, he's so cute, it's just not right!

Hmm... apparently you can fly from Houston to Croatia for like $1000... I might have to save up for a bunny-napping... ;)

Thank you very much and you re welcome to Croatia ;)
About the pellets, the eating part of video was taken the very first day our bunny arrived so I did change to pellets in the meantime...
He doesn't like them that much but we compensate with greens and carrot... and hay of course (he especially likes the one with dandellion flowers in it)...

When I transitioned my girls from the pellets the breeder sent home with me to Sherwood Forest rabbit food (the only brand I know of with no added sugar or molasses), it took a month for them to stop dragging their feet about it. Ever since then, though, they've inhaled the Sherwood pellets! I figured it's like asking someone who lives off fast food cheeseburgers to switch to a diet of healthy salads and such - of course they're going to drag their feet, it's not what they're used to and it doesn't have all that tasty but unhealthy crap.

Switching from a junk-food museli mix to a healthy, plain pellet is like switching from a normal pellet to Sherwood Forest food. A bunny doesn't care that corn and seeds and sugars are horrible for them - all they know is that they love the taste of that stuff. Naturally, they don't like it when you take it away and make them eat healthier for their own good, lol.

In time, he'll forget all about the junk food mix he used to inhale and come to accept the new pellets as tasty noms - before you know it, he'll be eating them as eagerly as he did the old stuff :D.

Latest posts

Back