hello anyone have one of these for there bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy5

Reaction score
http://www.vagavalley.co.uk/bunnysupplies/hayracks.htm

found the top one at my local grain/feed store yesterday it is a royl blue made by super pet

do your bunnies use em for theos of you who have them?

do you have to pull the hay through for them or do they do it on there own

maybe I just have a lazy bunny or a spoilded one LOL

61915.jpg

Yes, I have this. I'm not sure if it's in Ebony's or Maddie's cage, lol, but the other has a similar one anyway. Maddie tries to sit in hers to eat the hay, Ebony pulls the hay through. :)

I use something similar for mine. It also hangs from the bars of the cage, but it's from the outside and has a plastic back, so my bunpulls the hay through the horizontal bars of his cage. Sometimes, when I fill the hay rack, I push the hay towards the inner part of the cage, but I really don't need to, because he manages to empty the rack by himself. However, he's a dwarf rabbit, so his small mouth fits through the bars. I mean, I don't know if this type of a hay rack would also suit big bunnies.

Marietta

I have "rollin the hay" hanging on the side of Smokey's cage. It's pretty good. It has a small trap door for loading that is a little wonkie and hard to line up so I just zip tied it closed and load the thing by taking off one of the side plates.

He pokes at it now and then more as a game than a meal.

In my opinion nothing beats a big ol' pile of hay to get your bunny eating it.

100_1908.jpg
100_1906.jpg

I have those on my bunnies' cages. When I fill it, I push a little through the front so they can get it started. I put a piece of plastic on the outside of the cage so less of it falls through the back outside the cage.

You can take an NIC grid and bend it in half and zip tie one side to the wall- its much cheaper and works just the same. Iuse that for Tumnus and Lucy.

[align=left]For my fosters, they use an upside down milk jug with holes cut in the top and bottom. I zip tie it to a corner and then put the hay in [/align]
[align=left]Another thing that works great is an under shelf basket like this:[/align]
[align=left]
10499_zm.JPG
[/align]
[align=left]and you just turn it to hang vertically with the open part facing up. I got one at the dollar store and they work great for hay.[/align]

I have that kind, and I have the plastic thing that hangs on the outside of their cage. We also stick hay through the tops of their cages so they have to reach for it, and we stuff toilet paper rolls......

We believe in the theory of creating different "games" to find their food.

The cleanest hay rack is the litterbox corner for Clover LOL!

Johncdn wrote:

LOOK how cute Smokey is!! :inlove:

I've tried the hay racks like you mentioned Kathy, and my buns just didn't use it :(The only way they tend to eat the hay is if we put little piles of it on their shelves. We have some in their litter tray, and some on every floor, so they're never far from a snack! :p

All of my bunnies always used hayracks:)
Sasuke's is somewhat similar to the first one on that page, only black and a bit thicker:p
P1010173.jpg

The girl's hayracks are larger, both attached to the cage walls.
P1010008-1.jpg

All of my bunnies have those hay mangers, and I think they're great!

yeah, they just pull out the hay pieces on their own :)I think it's really easy.

Super pet even makes a larger one (I have it for my bonded pair), and I REALLY recommend that one for a rabbit that eats a lot of hay or for bonded bunnies! I believe I purchased it at a TSC store (USA).

-Kathy

I actually just made my boys a new hay rack last night. I use the boxes that are made for storing shirts under the bed for their litter boxes. I just bent the NIC cube in half and cut out a few of the interior squares so they could easily get their heads in it. I sanded down any rough edges of course too. Then I just slipped it into their litter box. I will take a picture tonight if anyone wants a better idea of how it works.

Latest posts

Back