Heavy Feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRabbits

Reaction score
Is it me or do bunnies sound like a herd of cattle running through your home. My boys are little but boy do they sound like they are 200 lbs when they run across the room.

I thought bunnies were swift and light on their feet. I've learn better now that I've experience "the run of the bun". Thankfully they don't have to wear shoes.

Is it me? Or do others experience the "heavy pounding" of little feet?

K:)

One thing about heavy feet, you know where they are. I love when my Husband calls Dobby, and then hearing those little feet come running from wherever he is.

It is just curious that you would actually hear them running. I know about stomping, but it's just funny.

I could be sitting in my chair and all of sudden running noises will occur. And then I smile knowing they are having a ball.

K :)

Yes! I was just saying the same thing the other day :) when cookie goes upstairs and is racing up and down the hall over our heads... Man, sounds like a herd of elephants!! My sister stayed over a few weeks ago and was sleeping in the basement and came back up and asked us if cookie could PLEASE go to bed! Cuz she just could not fall asleep with a herd of buffalo above her, LOL LOL it was so funny!

haha, that's funny! If our bunnies are running fast we can certainly hear them, but if they're walking around on the carpet, sometimes they can sneak up on me! Nibbles will run laps around his NIC cage, crashing into the side panels, and eventually the panels end up several inches away from where they're normally positioned. We can definitely hear that!

I never hear Honey's feet, maybe because she's on padding on top of carpeting. But I definitely hear her chewing on her cardboard box. She sounds like a little beaver.

LakeCondo wrote:
I never hear Honey's feet, maybe because she's on padding on top of carpeting. But I definitely hear her chewing on her cardboard box. She sounds like a little beaver.
I have loud chewers too. lol After I give my boys fresh hay, my husband always tells them to chew with their mouth shut. lol

K:)

Max sounds like a herd of elephants, too! Especially when she takes off at warp speed and runs into her cage. I think she's actually noisier than the cats were. LOL

:energizerbunny:

Who needs guard dogs...a running herd of rabbits is enough to strike terror into even the most unsuspecting of hearts.

LOL oh Sammy, that is so perfect!

I don't hear the normal hops, but when they get to racing around watch out! They may be small but they have some big feet.

I also find it funny that I can now tell the difference in what they are chewing: vegetables vs twigs vs cardboard vs furniture or baby gate (Gary, NO!)

I agree - when Benni gets into crazy bunny mode, I can feel the floor moving when I'm sitting on the couch. I'm amazed that such a little bunny can make the ground tremble so much!

I'm not sure, but my buns are actually very light on their feet even if they're running. The only time I hear noise is when they jump, but then again, they're super tiny...^^

Hahaha yeah when Harvey's racing he loves making noise. Some times by running through my vertical blinds and bouncing off the closet doors. I think he does it to scare the cats.

Some times when he's doing the regular hops into the room I will hear him coming because he does a very soft honking noise. Oh and he'll make a squeaky noise when he's eating his oats.

Latest posts

Back