Heated Garage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaK

Reaction score
As you may know, in trying to find a foster family for my bunnies for 3 months. I just had a potential caretaker contact me, and said she could take them but their cage would be in a heated garage.
My initial concern is if they park in the garage the fumes. But if not, is there anything else I should be concerned about?

I would ask if they have a carbon monoxide detector in there - always a good safety precaution!

Got more info :)

It's not really a "garage" it's a garage that has been converted into an extra room.

These people sound great, fingers crossed it all works out :)

oh, that's a totally different story! sounds really promising... I hope it works out!

oh, that's a totally different story! sounds really promising... I hope it works out!

She sounds great, and really knowledgable about animals, particularly rescues. I go to meet her next week :) And then if all works out, the bunnies head to their vacation home in about 2 weeks :bunnydance:

hmm, fumes?
My rabbits go to garage for a night and we have to use a heater there. It is small, rather a "fan" than a heater. I thought anything that is safe for using in people's houses should be safe for rabbits. None of them had any problems.
It is too small to really heat till the warm temperatures, so it stays cool there (but not too bad).
I also have oil radiator that would heat garage better, but I am concerned rabbits could burn themselves (they are free to run there). What you think?

Latest posts

Back