HEAT!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
It's 100 F in the shade here in the Midwest. My little ones are hot but ok so far. I just went out to change the ice and spray the ears. I really hope this heat wave breaks soon!

Bub's drooling more than usualand has those big ears all spread out for ventilation, but seems cheerful and pops right over when I come out. Pandemonium is flopped by the ice and looking cranky. Fenwick is sitting in a precise little ball as usual and got irritated with me getting his fur all wet. I've been trying not to go out too often so they don't start bouncing around too much, but enough to make sure they are ok. This should be the last day of really awful heat. They've done fine so far in similar weather, but I know they will be happy when it gets cooler. It's odd, but they had more trouble with heat back in the beginning of summer when they weren't adjusted to it. Fenwick's nose cleared up this year when he moved into his new cage, so at least he's not struggling to breathe like last year!

I know I've been AWOL for some time, and it's likely to continue, but I'm glad things seem to be going well here on the forum. I'm touring with a band right now--about a month and a halfago my favoritegroup called me to ask if I was interested in subbing for their fiddler at a stop on their tour. I about hit the roof and couldn't say YES loud enough. Two weeks later, they asked me to become permanent. We play 45-50 shows a year, anywhere from all over the Midwest to Nashville, TN (November), and rumors of S. Carolina and maybe even Hollandin future. It's a dream come true. We travel in a35-ft. "retro" band bus from the Johnny Cash era, and I'm never happier than when coming home from a show,being rockedto sleep in my bunk in back of the bus, listening to the guys playing bluegrass out front. They call me "Kid" and I seem to have acquired a couple more sets of parents.:)I love all the guys and their families, and they all watch out for me and tease me and generally take very good care of me.

If you've seen "Walk the Line", it's kind of like that tour,without the drinking and drugs. I feel like June Carter, being the only girl, but one of the wives isusually along so I'm not too outnumbered.;)It's been quite a ride so far, and life has changed so much in the past few weeks, and I am one happy gal.:D

I'll pop in when possible--I'm home til the weekend. We play two fairs this week, and if it's this hot it's miserable to get all dressed up.....hoping for cooler.....

Hi to all!!!

Rose

Greetings Rose,

Poor little punkins! It bums me out when I think of wearing a rabbit coat in this weather. Smart woman to stay away so as not to excite them too much. I hope that your touring doesn't leave you having to spend a lot of time away from them.

My little ones are lucky to be in the a/c, but I do get concerned about them being unable to get fresh air. I open up the place every chance I can just to air it out.

CONGRATULATIONS on your gigg! How exciting!!! I hope you're having fun.

Best wishes,

-Carolyn

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Is our dear Carolyn back for good????:bunnydance:

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

Much love, kisses, a ticker tape parade and some confetti too!:bunnydance:

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

Pam

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

Crap -- now I'll never catch up to you in posts ;)

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif
CONFETTI%2520ANIM.gif

It's also great to hear from you Rose and I'm glad to hear your career is going so well!!!!!

:great:

Pam

Rose AND Carolyn are on again... too good to be true! Glad to see you guys again!

:elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors:

HEY! It IS our Carolyn!!!! Yay! :colors::colors::colors::colors::bunnydance:Howdy doody! How are ya?

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone! It seems when I'm home all I do is teach and sleep, so I haven't popped in much. Sorry!

Jan, Bub does just nail me when I go out to feed. He's also learned to climb 3 ft. up chainlink to let himself back into his cage. The worst heat should be over now--whew.....

Rose

It's bad here as well. I'm in Indiana (midwest) so it's been around 98° F here today and yesterday. My bunnies are spoiled inside bunnies, but the a/c isn't having much luck keeping up with this heat. I have black out curtains over all of the windows and we've been keeping lights off - we're the mole people! ;)

The sheep have a fan, and my son hoses down their house and them often. I'm going later to get them and the dog a pool. The outside dog is doing well too. Our outside cats are just being lazy - I swear they love it. Prissy has been laying in the shade on the deck where it's cool and just sleeping and purring..... :foreheadsmack:She's a goofy girl!

I hope the heatwave
36_1_47.gif
goes fast over the midwest, we had it for 2 weeks here in California. Last count was 141 died from the heat and I think that was mainly in the central part, locally I think 8 people here succumbed to the it here in San Diego County. Right now it is 76 here (that feels SO nice!) and overcast.

Good luck and STAY COOL!
36_1_73.gif

Carolyn!!! :hug::inlove: So nice to see you here again...!

And you too, Rose! :) I hope you both decide to stay....:D

As for the heat...I'm posting from home, as I decided to leave work early and make sure the animals were all okay. Right now - with the humidity factored in - it's 47 deg C (translation for the U.S....almost 117 deg. F!!!!!!!). Wicked, wicked weather we're having, everywhere. And we had a severe thunderstorm last night...a senior citizen's home was struck and caught on fire. Thankfully there were no casualties.

May everybunny be able to stay cool and safe this summer! :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back