Heat waves & mesquitos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momma Luvbun

Reaction score
Good day all 😁
I'm in BC, Canada and we are currently having a heat wave 🙄 temperatures I have never experienced in my whole life living here (47 years)(pictured)
So I have been trying to keep my tiny home as cool as possible, even bringing in a portable AC yesterday so my buns don't overheat.
I let them out first thing in the morning (between 6-9am) to get some air, chew some grass and binky away, and the same thing in the later evening roughly the same time.
My problem is the mesquitos. They are sooo fricken bad!!
What can I do so they aren't biting my poor girl's lop ears? Is there anything I can buy like we get bug spray for us(which I would never ever use due to them cleaning and I wouldn't want them injesting the "poison") or any natural medicinal product I can get to rub over their coats & ears?

Even my poor feline gets attacked when he's out there watching over his bunnies.
Last night I had to bring them all in early because the mesquitos were beyond horrid.. my feline has 2 sucking away on his nose 😣 and my little lop kept shaking her head to try getting them away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-080523.png
    Screenshot_20210626-080523.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
Good day all 😁
I'm in BC, Canada and we are currently having a heat wave 🙄 temperatures I have never experienced in my whole life living here (47 years)(pictured)
So I have been trying to keep my tiny home as cool as possible, even bringing in a portable AC yesterday so my buns don't overheat.
I let them out first thing in the morning (between 6-9am) to get some air, chew some grass and binky away, and the same thing in the later evening roughly the same time.
My problem is the mesquitos. They are sooo fricken bad!!
What can I do so they aren't biting my poor girl's lop ears? Is there anything I can buy like we get bug spray for us(which I would never ever use due to them cleaning and I wouldn't want them injesting the "poison") or any natural medicinal product I can get to rub over their coats & ears?

Even my poor feline gets attacked when he's out there watching over his bunnies.
Last night I had to bring them all in early because the mesquitos were beyond horrid.. my feline has 2 sucking away on his nose 😣 and my little lop kept shaking her head to try getting them away.
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...st-mosquito-repellent-spray-for-dogs-and-cats
I’m pretty sure this is all natural, this is generally made for cats and dogs, but it doesn’t look like there are any harmful things in here. Hopefully this helps if you’re still looking!

That stuff @LopsAreGreat posted looks great, and if I had to guess, it's formulated like my go-to bug spray, No Natz. It's all natural, and the worst thing in is it alcohol, which evaporates quickly after sprayed, and it really works for me. I'm sure the oils it contains aren't ideal for rabbit consumption, but it's the safest thing I've found, so you have to weigh the options vs. letting them get bitten! And, it smells WONDERFUL.

The also make a No Mosquitos version, which I haven't used since the No Natz has worked for me for years. Here's a link... I just picked one with both products for reference, I'm sure better prices are out there!

https://smile.amazon.com/No-Natz-MO...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Latest posts

Back