Heartbroken and in a tough spot, could use support and/or advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floyd2019

Reaction score
So i am mostly on here to vent because i have been posting a lot in the health and wellness thread about my sick bunny floyd.
Today has been an awful day.
I woke up to rabbit diarrhea all over his x pen and had to go to work while desperately trying to get an appointment with a vet.
My rabbit vet just retired and everyone else declined my plea's saying they were either swamped, inexperienced with rabbits or currently only neutering and spaying rabbits, had no appt spots available or their rabbit vet was out of town.
So i was completely exhausted and crying at work and my boss sent me home.
When i got home, my mother who is visiting for a week, told me we had to talk (I'm 24 at uni and she is my landlord). She said i have to get rid of my bunny because she saw his diarrhea and thinks he's too much work for his worth. She said i either give him up or move out (knowing **** well that of course i don't want to move out of the home i have lived in for 3/4 years and made my own to move into a shitty basement suit with expensive rent). So it's very manipulative.

I started sobbing and we got in a MASSIVE fight because she basically said either the rabbit goes by the ens of august or i have to go with him by the end of august. I obviously do not want to rehome him. He is my everything and with his complex issues (especially right now) i can't imagine anyone else being willing to put in the effort to keep him healthy and well. If i give him to a shelter they will have to deal with his expenses and might reject him or quickly rehome him to anyone to make space for new buns, and if he goes to the spca who knows what will happen to him. I feel sick to my stomach.
I can't rehome him, he's mine. He's my baby. I am currently begging my mom like a child. It sounds pathetic. The fight has become about things not even related to the rabbit which leads me to believe this isn't really about him but she isn't listening...

Like i said just venting. Could use some support or advice.
Thank you <3

Trying to delete this, just had someone help me get my wits about me. Sorry for venting on here. The rabbit stress gets real

I'm sorry this is happening.

Is there anyone else you could stay with while you save up for a place (grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, friends, partner)? You could tell them you'd pay rent and/or make sure the house was always clean and do their yard work, etc.

You could post a thread in the rehoming section to get an idea if anyone could take him in if worst comes to worst. That way you would know where he was going. You could also tell your mom that his problem is better and just make sure you clean up any weird poos before she could find them. That solution isn't ideal though because if she does find out that could cause many more issues.

I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do.

Latest posts

Back