Healthiest Pets, I'm sorry but they ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses...

Where's the section for rabbits?????

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/lifestyle/pets.html?tag=Animal+adoption

I wrote to health.com and sent 'em a link to the page with Sooska's Chris getting groomed by Buttercup, Gentle Giant's silver babe on DH while reading a book, and Haley's Mike with the dutches. They should know about RO, i think. Real men, ~ Will and Sammi, Aly and her husband, Mr. Stee, mouse chalk and steve. Hazel mom. The list is far-reaching.

They should see the RO link Real Men Love Rabbits!

What Pet will improve your health? for us, 'tis our ** bunns ** who've joined our family after our lab/retriever and cats have gone to the bridge.

What do you think?

:pssd: Rabbits should definitely be on there.

When I need a cuddle, Shadow is there and lets me lay next to him and pet him, and it's very soothing.

When I need a laugh, Jester keeps me entertained with his mad antics.

They are great therapy, and should be recognised for it!! I'm glad you contacted them :)

Jan

Thanks Jan for the affirmation and agreement. I perceive many of us laugh at their free entertainment, or soak in their lovin'.

I clicked on the Exotic Pets link [what you should know about Exotic Pets] and found this...

Exotic pets [line] content provided by Healthwise Check with your vet to find out what vaccinations your exotic pet needs. Most common exotic animal bites come from:
  • Skunks and raccoons. Wild (endemic) populations of skunks and raccoons have the greatest risk for having rabies.
  • Ferrets. These animals can transmit rabies.
  • Rodents, such as rats, mice, gerbils, and hamsters. This group of animals does not transmit rabies but can spread other diseases through biting.
  • Rabbits or hares (lagomorphs). This group of animals does not transmit rabies but can spread other diseases through biting.
  • Monkeys. This group of animals does not transmit rabies but can spread other diseases through biting.
If you have questions about local rabies issues, contact your local health department. If you will be traveling with your pet, check with your vet about the protection your animal needs and the risk your animal has for getting rabies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Dogs article, on the list of winners: "Then there's the mood-boosting benefit. Simply petting a dog is like a spa treatment, Dr. Becker says."

:?
I guess Rabbits have a bad rap and ain't really companions or appreciated as such.
Strokes to your "kids",

what diseases can rabbits spread through biting?

how's this for men with bunnies?
Picture08087.jpg

I'm shaking my head over Healthwise magazine.

tonyshuman, thank you!! Your picture certainly reassures everyone that rabbits aren't vicious and cruel and should absolutely be avoided as UNhealthy exotic, lord forbid, EXOTIC, animals.

Great Snapshot!!

Latest posts

Back