Health Problems?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterElla

Reaction score
Hi. I just want to ask about my rabbit's health. He's been breathing rapidly since I arrived earlier from uni... he is still active and playful though. I have checked his urine and droppings; normal color of urine and size of dropping. I have checked his stomach and it's not bloated. He responds to my call and he twitches his nose like he always does. Everything looks normal except his breathing. It's a little more rapid compared to the normal breathing he has. Plus, I am alarmed with his position. The one he does when he lays down:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laricca/3505762009/

Like that in the picture. It's my first time to see him in that position. Is he feeling bad? I'm worried. By the way, I have called the vet (since it's raining hard outside - I cannot make a trip to the vet) and he said to check the urine for blood, the dropping if it's wet or the stomach if it's bloated. Like I've said, all were normal except the breathing. Should I be worried? Thanks! <3

I would do the normal rabbit protocol for stasis. Gas meds, leafy greens, fresh pineapple, tons of hay, possible Probiotic. Even if not eating, needs IV Fluids(Sub q if you can give it at home). Critical Care wouldn't hurt either.;)

Latest posts

Back