He ate my headphones.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la vie est belle

Reaction score
I'm soooooo angry at myself for leaving my headphones on my bed... "I'm just going downstairs to get some food, what trouble could he possibly get into?"

I come back up stairs to find my bun had chewed up my $100 headphones I've owned no longer than 1 month. I'm so sadddddd, I couldn't even afford those darn things.

Learned my lesson the hard way.

Sorry, I just needed to rant. :(

I'm kind of worried he ingested some of it though... any advice?

He may have gnashed up a little, but as long as it wasn't a significant length of wire, he's probably ok. I find that my buns just like to slice through the wires though, and not actually eat them. My bun destroyed my headphones once because it was dangling off the side of my desk. He tugged it off and ate the wire in 10 seconds flat. They are very quick!

If the wires were the part that took the hit, the headphones are not destroyed--just splice the wires back together or get someone that's in the know to do it for you. Nancy left the chair out at the computer and Coal got to the printer cable and sound system--got the printer cable fixed but the sound system had to be replaced. Didn't think I needed to box in all the upper wires.

My rabbit chewed my Wii sensor bar thing a few days ago. She has also chewed almost every wire being the TV stand. Luckily we got electrical tape. I got to find a way to keep her out of there.

Forgot to mention the doors, along the walls, carpet, cable wire, lap top charger plug thing... all the damage. Currently saving up so I can give my parents the money for 2 new doors and new wood border wall lining stuff. I'm just glad my parents haven't kicked my rabbit out.

Now if she could chew her wood blocks instead of everything else.

ANYWAYS you shouldn't have to worry just watch your rabbits behavior and litter box. Just feed your rabbit lots of hay to help pass things through.

I hate that! :X

I bought $25 headphones, left them in the center console for 5 minutes to go into a store, and Bandura, who came along for the ride and was sitting in the passenger seat, DESTROYED THEM. Seriously. I had only had them for like an hour.

:banghead I couldn't stay mad, as I should have known better.

my rabbits have probably chewed up at LEAST 5 phone chargers and 3-5 play station controllers and a laptop cord. Not to mention one of the cushions on my new couch that i have not had but for 2 weeks :X. and those are just the things that i have noticed :pssd::pssd: bad BAD bunneh's!!!!

oh yeah, Willow has chewed a hole in two pairs of my pants and the down comforter on my bed and two sets of bedsheets. And its not like i don't have plenty of things for her to chew on that are FOR her to CHEW on..grrrrrr

la vie est belle wrote:
I'm soooooo angry at myself for leaving my headphones on my bed... "I'm just going downstairs to get some food, what trouble could he possibly get into?"
This happened to me a week ago. My bunny chewed up my earphones. It didnt look like he ingested it at all though, just.... totally chewed through them. Im angry at myself as well, heh. :(

Byfuzzerabbit wrote:
My rabbit chewed my Wii sensor bar thing a few days ago. She has also chewed almost every wire being the TV stand. Luckily we got electrical tape.

Sorry this is a bit off topic but you can replace your Wii sensor bar with two lit candles (votive, tea or regular). Place them about the width of the sensor bar and about where you would put the sensor bar and you can play no problem. I saw this on youtube, tried it (because I was doubting them) and it worked

My girl Noodles McIntosh has been known to "rewire" the internet. Since moving to a really big place with a lot of running room and lots of safe hidey-holes, she hasn't [yet] seemed intersted in cords etc.

Cheers, Nancy
Kuni Watanabe [just wait, Foodgiver, just wait, I know how that doe's thinking goes heh heh], Noodles McIntosh [I repeat: I DID NOT "REWIRE" THE INTERNET! It's just that those cables looked so delicious...]:energizerbunny:
Angelbunny Raul Hernandez

My teacher's bun broke my ex-friend's earbuds..she got new ones but still says I owe her. she isn't buggin bout it tho but if she does then I'll buy her a new pair

My rabbit chewed through 3 chargers while I was at school. She had free roam of my room at my old house. I should have learned after the second time of me " putting them up where I don't think she can get them" to just bring them with me. I did after the 3rd one. Also, I didn't watch tv that much and hadn't watched tv in a month or so in my bedroom, I noticed as I was moving out that she had chewed through my RENTED cable cord. UMMM, I just sent it all back without that cord. They never called or charged me so IDK. But I was new to rabbits at that time and had no clue what I was doing.

That's sad, but there are bunny cages for a reason. if they somehow end up chewing through that, make sure no cords or anything is the room, and lock your bunny in ur room. they should be able to have enough room in ur bedroom to roam around. if it starts to chew something else, it may be hungry or not have enough nutrition. your rabbit should have a fruit or vegetable once a week, or at least once a month. if this is the case, then if u give it more nutrition it should stop chewing on things. If it doesnt, its probally just a really curios bun bun

Rabbits can spot chewable (i.e. valued material and often Indigestible) items quickly, and they will taste-test, snip, nibble or chew. Chewing is necessary to keep incisors in check. We always informed adopters at the shelter -- bunny proof, bunny proof!

Our lab/retriever demolished some of our furniture and home goods. At the DVM clinic, a vet had to remove pantyhose or a Barbie doll chewed up from a dog's stomach.

Our Flemish boy got a hold of the Petromalt tube and went to town chewing that. I was equally worried.... Always be watching for blockages, output. And Bunny Proof.

I save a chewed upon extension cord to show novice bun parents at education events!

A small nibble will hopefully by alright.

Digestible chew safe items! You can google or talk to your vet. Busy Bunny willow baskets are provided for the ambitious chewers in our house. I want their teeth to stay in check.

Always offer various types of high-fiber hay. 1st, 2nd, 3rd cut Timothy, bluegrass, orchard grass, and/or oat hay in small treat amounts.

-- Glad you are asking about your bun and watching for harmful effects. A bun owner who's gone thru a blockage or ileus (gut stasis) will expound on keeping indigestible material out of reach, and constantly monitoring for 200+ marbles in the litter box.

'Tis astounding that people are clueless about rabbits' need to nibble and chew. Mary Cotter, educator with House Rabbit Society, has plentiful Howcast educational videos. The one above, included.

8 Common Myths about Rabbits
Learn eight common myths about rabbits in this Howcast video featuring bunny lover Amy Sedaris and rabbit expert Mary E. Cotter.

Latest posts

Back