Hazel is 7 today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel-Mom

Reaction score
It's Hazel's 7th birthday today (we guess), so I thought I'd post some pictures of her to celebrate :).

She was rescued from the side of the road as a tiny baby, about 3 weeks old. There were 4 other siblings with her, but because of her broken leg, she was the only one captured. The others ran away. No mommy in sight, and because they were so young, we think they were wild Western Cottontails, just weaned and just left the nest.
Not knowing much about rabbits at all though when we rescued her (from her "rescuers", who had her in a plastic tote in a room full of smoke, and weren't planning on getting her to a vet!), she soon became a full member of our family, and has been living with us ever since :). (No, it didn't occure to us at first she was wild... only after we started reading "bunny literature" on the web. We told her first vet we thought she looked like a Netherland Dwarf :p. The vet didn't say otherwise. We soon found a more rabbit-savvy vet.)

Baby Hazel:
hazelbabyni8.jpg

hazelbaby2wu7.jpg

We were lucky she was already weaned (and that she survived her first days of captivity!) and eating greens:
hazelbaby4xi5.jpg

She lived on our sofa a lot the first weeks. She had no way of getting down with her bad leg, and this kept her contained and happy :).
cutedv9.jpg

hazel0187pk.jpg

Some random pics when she was older, and healed up:

hazel033vx1.jpg

hazel0487zl.jpg

grooming0nx.jpg

hazel056cs5.jpg

Camping: (yes, we have taken her camping a few times.)
campinsideviewve5.jpg

camphoppetyhe3.jpg

camping7dd9.jpg

Playtime in the yard at home:
easterbunnybq8.jpg

outsideplay3up5.jpg

1004991uh4.jpg

Her bedroom:
1004209vd4.jpg

1000125aa8.jpg

And some of her favorite things:

snuggling
cuddle1smwb7.jpg

basil!
1009952w.jpg

Christmas trees! With all the sparkles and lights :)
1010256.jpg

xmas3bw2.jpg

A basket full of greens and flowers:
saladfk5.jpg

And finally, some recent pictures of this Christmas, when her family was all together again (2 kids are away to college most of the time. She Loves when they come home.)
1000497kf.jpg

1010316.jpg

1000325i.jpg

1010239.jpg

1010169.jpg

Happy Birthday Hazel! :pink iris:

Happy Birthday Hazel!!
kaos-not-tagged-smiley-5690.gif
Thanks for sharing the picture of her as she grows with you! She reminds me of my Sebastian but an Eastern version!

Hilde, Hazel is Beautiful:inlove:. I love all of her pictures.

[align=center]HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAZEL[/align]
[align=center]:pinkbouce::balloons::magicwand::party::energizerbunny::bestwishes::bunny18:group::trio:birthday[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Awk! Hazel is beautiful!! I loved seeing these pics. She does look like a cottontail, at least from my limited knowledge. It looks like she's having an amazing life and was very lucky to be rescued by you! (My mini rex, a boy, is named Hazel also.)

Hazel-Mom wrote:
This picture is hilarious :)

:balloons::balloons:Happy Birthday Hazel!! :balloons::balloons:

I loved all of the beautiful pictures of her. So sweet how she likes to lay aboutall melty-looking. Such a lucky girl to have such great bunny-slaves. ;)

myheart

Thanks everyone!
Yes, Hazel is a very special, lucky, happy bunny! We call her broken leg her "Lucky Rabbit's Foot" :biggrin2:

She is very good at "melty-looking"; she knows that always gets her a few head-pets and snuggles :)

Rosemary: send your Hazel some bunny kisses from our Hazel :)
(Though she doesn't really like other bunnies.... cottontails are much more solitary than the European Rabbits. She does love her human family though).

Happy Birthday, pretty girl! I love looking at pictures of Hazel. She had such a sad start to life but it ended up being great! You can tell she is so loved and spoiled.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

thats so cute that you have a cottentail bunny. she looks pretty big, i thought they would be smaller, but when she flattens out (which is so cute) she looks huge haha.

Her baby pictures remind me when my family and I found a nest of little cottentail bunnys out behind our house. We actually caught a few and held them (they were so tiny) and they were so cute. For about a week they all lived there, then one day they were gone. :( I miss them.. they were so cute. I never got to see Bentley as a baby, so I adore baby rabbits, but yeah.

Latest posts

Back