Hay/forage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
I went for a walk on our land and at the edge of it grow various strawy greens. So i can assure they're pesticide free. I did harvest and dry some, Storm seems to like these long strands. I also took a picture of that messy bundle as i was just wondering if anybody spots anything odd or unhealthy for the bun.
If not i wonder if it would be a great idea to forage some and weave grassy mats and other chewables for him.
What do others think?
20200716_131632.jpg

They look good, go ahead and make toys. When I had my bunny Lilja she would always get grass like that to eat and munch on ☺️

The other bunnies didn’t like it that much as she did. They are on the picky side, the downside of having lords with gourme tastebuds as pet bunnies.

Just across the road another type of strawy grass field is in full swing. Can you tell me what type of strawy stuff that might happen to be?
20200716_174311.jpg20200716_174341.jpg

I can’t tell because I don’t remember how to see difference, I knew this when I was a kid but later filled my brain with other things 🤣

But it look like the group of Agrostis grass, maybe common bent or one of the overdam grass swedish name ”tuvrör”.

As a kid you had a word play with the difference grass kinds about chickens, at least common bent you could get a roaster when you played with that grass 🙄 The game make no sense now, when I think back and what I remember.

But grass types is safe for bunnies.

Last edited:
It looks similar but not quite the same. Anyway now i know that whatever straw plant it might or not be, it is safe for Storm!

Latest posts

Back