Hay Everybun, a question about hay!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVIE

~RUBY AND ROSEY RUM BUNS~
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! So following some great advice here, I added orchard grass to Ruby's Timothy. She loves it, thank you. I'm adding it a bit at a time to not stress her system, so far all's good. Now here's my question... I've been reading and watching videos and seen mention of "treat hays," now does the orchard hay count as a treat hay or should I get it to a 50/50 mix of orchard and Timothy, 24/7. If so, what is considered a treat hay and how should it be incorporated? I also have the Timothy blocks, are these treats or added to unlimited hay? Thank you!
~Avie and Ruby

Treat hays would be ones that have flowers added to them(flowers are sweet), oat hay and other grain hays, alfalfa hay, young growth leafy rich hays(all soft green leaf like 3rd cut timothy).

If the orchard hay is a normal long growth of leaf and stem, then it's just a normal grass hay that can be fed in any amount. Also, you don't have to introduce it into the diet slowly(in most cases). You can just feed however much you want from the start.

Hay blocks are more of a chewing toy. A lot of it may not even get ingested but is just chewed off, ,so don't really count it towards your rabbits hay eating.

Latest posts

Back