Have you used the FURminator?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyRabbits06

Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if any of you guys have use the FURminator on your rabbit(s). I will get a hairbuster soon but for now the FURminator is one of my only options. Tell me your experiences with it! Do you like it? What about your rabbit(s)? Is there anything you don't like about it?

I have an off-brand one and it is AMAZING! I use it all the time on Theo. Here is a picture of how much fur I got off him when he wasn't molting, whenever he is molting it is 4x that amount.

Attachments

• Fur.jpg
    Fur.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 10
Myself use furminator and I truly like it, but I only use during heavy molting. One of my boys get such a bad molting he look like a swiss cheese (he get naked patches) 😅

But it get all the loose fur off, just brush carefully and with the fur. So you don’t pull off the hair, you can over brush or cut the fur with furminator if you put too much pressure or brush against the fur.

I personally don’t like the Furminator, I bought one but it felt really heavy and hard for my rabbits skin, especially when going over his skin. He’s a rex bunny and it didn’t seem to work for him, maybe his fur is too short, im not too sure. Our hair buster works quite well, although Apollo managed to chew the rubber band off 🙃
For now, you could just use your hand and gently stroke the moulting fur off (that’s what I do most of the time)

Latest posts

Back