Have anyone seen a netherland dwarf with angora fur type?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
I was just reading the show standard for netherland dwarves in my country and to my suprise there are 5 types of fur types they can have and allowed to show.

1. Short coating
2. Rex fur
3. Fuchs fur, long haired but easier to manage than angora and don’t need regular brushing except during molting.
4. Angora.
5. satin

I’ve seen rex, satin and fuchs on netherland dwarf but I have never heard or even seen angora fur type netherland dwarf. So I wonder if any of you have seen one, I’m interested to just see how they look like.

A picture of my handsome Odin posing beautifully in the picture.
4044BD2E-C2DD-477F-BE8F-D1920974EA9D.jpeg

In the US, we have Jersey Woolies (or fuzzy netherlands, if they come out of normal netherland dwarf parents)
They (at least in the US) are bred to have more guard hairs than most angoras are so they tend to have a slightly coarse, low maintenance coat
1660498076269.png

In the US, we have Jersey Woolies (or fuzzy netherlands, if they come out of normal netherland dwarf parents)
They (at least in the US) are bred to have more guard hairs than most angoras are so they tend to have a slightly coarse, low maintenance coat

View attachment 62038
Jersey wooly look a lot like the fuchs fur type of netherland dwarf. Their fur should be easier to manage than the angora fur type and don’t need regular brushing. Maybe the angora type fur look the same as the fuchs/jersey wooly.

The 'fuzzy netherlands' that come out of netherland parents with no jersey wooly lines tend to more cottony, higher maintenance coats because they havent been bred for the more abundant guard hairs. Maybe these look more like the angora fur type? 1660607752738.png

The 'fuzzy netherlands' that come out of netherland parents with no jersey wooly lines tend to more cottony, higher maintenance coats because they havent been bred for the more abundant guard hairs. Maybe these look more like the angora fur type? View attachment 62055
That might be true and can explain the difference between them. I was just curious because I’ve never heard of them before. Thanks a lot for your replys.

They look like cumulus cloud buns😂
View attachment 62038

I have a fuzzy Netherland Drwarf doe. She sometimes give fuzzy babies. Like this

Attachments

• Netherland FluffyFongDao S3_2 SilverMarten 1.jpg
    Netherland FluffyFongDao S3_2 SilverMarten 1.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Netherland FluffyFongDao S3_2 SilverMarten 2.jpg
    Netherland FluffyFongDao S3_2 SilverMarten 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
I got a fuzzy Netherland Dwarf in one of my last breedings and let's just say I will not be breeding that mix or sire again lol. The rabbit herself is really sweet, but her fur is a nightmare. I think she might be getting guard hair but I'm not 100% sure. She keeps getting mats so she's currently shaved. But this is her is in full coat
image3 (4).jpeg

I got a fuzzy Netherland Dwarf in one of my last breedings and let's just say I will not be breeding that mix or sire again lol. The rabbit herself is really sweet, but her fur is a nightmare. I think she might be getting guard hair but I'm not 100% sure. She keeps getting mats so she's currently shaved. But this is her is in full coat
View attachment 62067

She looks adorable though ♥️

View attachment 62067
She’s really cute but I can understand the struggle with long hair bunnies ☺️

Latest posts

Back