Have any of you noticed people act weird towards you because of the COVID-19

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My school won't let you come if you have a cold. And if you do come people look weirdly at you and will stay away from you. My sisters have been working for 1 1/2 years to get to Kenya and are now not able to go. They were going to visit some friends and will never be able to go and visit them because their friends are moving back to the states. I think this whole thing is a stupid waste of energy! Kroger isn't even giving out free cookies anymore (does anyone else still get those?) because of Covid-19. When they told us that my mom said: "What about because of the flu?" If there was not a presidential election in the states this year, then the media would have never made a big deal about this.

Annnnnndd now my son's school has been included on the shut down. It's only a matter of time before my work place closes as well I bet.

My school won't let you come if you have a cold. And if you do come people look weirdly at you and will stay away from you. My sisters have been working for 1 1/2 years to get to Kenya and are now not able to go. They were going to visit some friends and will never be able to go and visit them because their friends are moving back to the states. I think this whole thing is a stupid waste of energy! Kroger isn't even giving out free cookies anymore (does anyone else still get those?) because of Covid-19. When they told us that my mom said: "What about because of the flu?" If there was not a presidential election in the states this year, then the media would have never made a big deal about this.
The Costco over here has stopped providing samples as well! Pretty much anything involving human contact has been diminished. It's crazy!

Sigh, there's still a lot of fun ahead :(

Was in a supermarket today - haven't seen anything like this since Chernobyl. Robbing that place would have been worth it today. No noodles, onions, eggs, potatoes, apples, fresh produce - nothing. And the amounts of toilet paper people carried out looked like the whole world is shitting itself.

My parents wanted to fly to my sister in the US end of month, well, change of plans.

Was at a neighbour looking for a new herd buck, she already lost her job, they sold stuff on markets in Italy, the whole season gone. My boss prepared me that there's a bumpy road ahead, I work in the aircraft business, and airlines are already cancelling a lot of orders. Could well be that I have time for a vegetable garden this year...

Need to go to the dentist, I'll call there on monday, nothing painful but there should be done something - let's see if I get an appointment.

That's all stuff that is a PITA already - still without anybody being sick around here, well, as far as I can tell.

Yes, fun ahead, indeed.

They announced K-12 school closings in my state today (Michigan, USA), so things are getting more panicky. Grocery stores are getting raided, but that's likely more for everyone staying home with kids for the next 3 weeks than the virus.

I hope the same with my workplace. I travel an hour to get to my work, and then it takes 2 hours to drive home because there is so much traffic during the time I leave. The only benefit of this craziness would be if my job closed down for 2 weeks LOL. It's selfish thinking really, but I would not mind it as long as I would be getting paid still.

I was thinking about whether or not COVID-19 can transmit to an animal. I hope it doesn't. That's smart that your dad buys it in bulk. I do too at a store called Costco but not a years worth haha! Right now, toilet paper, soap, disinfectant wipes, water, even canned foods are sold out. People are trying to prepare for the worse.

My parents also though of that, but if my university shuts down I’ll just work at my part-time. They can never shut down because they need people to take care of the elderly living there. So I will have my work.

I just thinks the things I planned for summer will be canceled. So I’ll have to get my refund. The same thing happened with my movie tickets for mulan.

I have to take the train to the city and get the money back for the movie tickets.

We aren’t bulking anything at home but I know if something would happen with the water, then we. would be screwed. But it’s the period we have a lot of water in the lake where our town get the water from. So nothing to worry about.

COVID-19 can make some animal sick or just be host but it’s not that many animals. Those pets that can carry the virus will be used in animal testing. But I don’t think bunnies will have anything to worry about. They weren’t the test animals for sars in early 2000, so I’m not worried our darlings will get sick.

The empty shelves at my market:
IMG_6287.jpg

My courses at the university will be distant courses now. So I can just study from home. So more sleep mornings for me and no longer have to take an hour trip to the school with the train and the bus every day :)

So I can take it easy with my dad and brother at home, I can spend more time with the bunnies and work more at my part-time job instead.

Maybe it’s my luck because I’m starting to feel I’m on the way to have a crash again. So I often get super tired those periods and have trouble focusing. The reason why I quit trying to become a nurse, couldn’t handle the stress.

I hope everyone can stay healthy :)

oh my, that is crazy. I'm still in high school and our school might start e-learning but it doesn't affect my jobs. I hope you and your bunnies stay safe and healthy!

All schools and universities in Estonia have been quarantined for two weeks, social events are called off as well. People are strongly advised to stay at home and keep strong self-hygiene. What do we see? Capital's kids roaming around in shopping malls instead of their own homes, people sometimes not giving a **** that you should be washing hands, shops going low on stuff etc etc. And it all came to us because some arabic? man came back from vacation frpm latvia to tallinn. And then a bunch more foreigners came to an event somewhere, bringing covid along with them.
We had it somewhere in the radio that borders were all to be closed and traffic to be frozen. That is still yet to happen. (Okay yes they froze the traffic between mainland and bigger islands of ours...)

When i was riding on a bus back from school, there was an old lady sitting in front of me, constantly coughing and not covering her mouth. A girl standing in front of her quickly moved to sit to the front of the bus, away from the woman.

The genie is out of the bottle, no way to put it back. You can blame one person, but there's no point to do so, the virus will spread anyway, it isn't a local problem anymore, but something that effects all of humanity.
The only way to prevent it is becoming Sentinel Island. Put an ocean around you and kill everyone on sight, and even then some morons make landfall. I wonder how North Korea is doing. Or how that will be used for political goals in unstable countries, could become interesting in regions like south america.

One of the few strategies left is to slow it down to be able to treat severe cases, sounds quite reasonable right now. But people will get infected anyway sooner or later. Until a vaccine is available, but the guesses about that speak about a year from now at best.

Most Politicians cant risk being blamed not to have done enough, so we go into full shutdown, noone will blame them for that no matter what damage. Here there are new rules made public right now, pretty much a curfew except for going to work and buying food. Army gets mobilized to enforce it, and to help with logistical problems. All shops apart from food and pharmacies, all restaurant and bars closed. Parks and playgrounds too.
Anyone can tell me why supermarkets (wich are tiny, cramped things compared to Walmart) are "safe", huge hardware stores where you can keep 10m distance to everyone are not?

If that goes on for half a year it will be interesting how suizide rates and deaths due to people not seeing a doctor in time develope. A lot of people will lose everything, small shop owners still have to pay rent and taxes. Pain in the chest - ah, most likely just reflux and not a heart attack, no point in risking getting infected. That could, in my opinion, get as bad as the virus quickly.
Friend of mine with severe health problems got blood test results, very bad kidney indicators - her doctor is closed because there was a corona patient there, got an appointment for end of june - if that is a serious issue she wont need it then.
Everyone will die, for one reason or another, there are many dangers all around us, we are just used to them, we blank them out in our daily life, but they are still there.

There are other possible strategies too, like protect those at risk, but don't worry too much about the vast majority that will not have a big problem with the infection, and build up a herd immunity that will protect everyone else in the long run. I somewhat doubt that would work as intended, at least for the "protect the weak people" part.

It's kind of interesting how different societies react to restrictions, well, here people are pretty used to obey orders, normally that's why I like it better closer to Balkan. It's a big first time experiment, well, not first time, but some things changed a lot since WW1.
Well, as the curse goes: interesting times to live in.

Last edited:
If that goes on for half a year it will be interesting how suizide rates and deaths due to people not seeing a doctor in time develope. A lot of people will lose everything, small shop owners still have to pay rent and taxes. Pain in the chest - ah, most likely just reflux and not a heart attack, no point in risking getting infected. That could, in my opinion, get as bad as the virus quickly.
Friend of mine with severe health problems got blood test results, very bad kidney indicators - her doctor is closed because there was a corona patient there, got an appointment for end of june - if that is a serious issue she wont need it then.
Everyone will die, for one reason or another, there are many dangers all around us, we are just used to them, we blank them out in our daily life, but they are still there.

There are other possible strategies too, like protect those at risk, but don't worry too much about the vast majority that will not have a big problem with the infection, and build up a herd immunity that will protect everyone else in the long run. I somewhat doubt that would work as intended, at least for the "protect the weak people" part.

I feel bad for the doctors and nurses working in the hospital here in sweden. Even before this pandemic broke out they was calling for help to handle the people. Most hospitals are short-staffed and I can also see it at my part-time.

I have been stuck with taking care of 10 people alone that all have alzheimers. It have happened me many times. I have to take up 10 people in 3 hours and 4 are in wheel chair and need help getting up. While the rest will need me to keep an eye on them and help them with the simple daily things and at the same time fix the breakfast. Hell, that work it’s hard, needing to keep the routine, give medicines and give proper care.

Myself know how much you miss when you stress and you try to prioritize what’s most important and at the same time do it safely. The overwork will increase the risk for accidents to happen and also make more people get to harm. That’s just the elderly home and not the hospital, they have cut down on people that work within the welfare.

The reasons why I choice to study as a pharmacist instead.

The problem with a lot of people getting sick are that the hospital should be able to handle the extra pressure. But the hospitals aren’t equipped to handle so many people at the same time. If COVID-19 was spreading slowly and took time, the hospitals would be able to handle the extra pressure on them. But now they can’t handle it, just look on italy. I have relatives there, they don’t know how they should pay the rent on the apartment or for food and worries how they will get money. The hospitals can’t take in more people and they need to prioritize which people will get treatment. That’s a really awful situation.

I feel bad for the doctors and nurses working in the hospital here in sweden. Even before this pandemic broke out they was calling for help to handle the people. Most hospitals are short-staffed and I can also see it at my part-time.

I have been stuck with taking care of 10 people alone that all have alzheimers. It have happened me many times. I have to take up 10 people in 3 hours and 4 are in wheel chair and need help getting up. While the rest will need me to keep an eye on them and help them with the simple daily things and at the same time fix the breakfast. Hell, that work it’s hard, needing to keep the routine, give medicines and give proper care.

Myself know how much you miss when you stress and you try to prioritize what’s most important and at the same time do it safely. The overwork will increase the risk for accidents to happen and also make more people get to harm. That’s just the elderly home and not the hospital, they have cut down on people that work within the welfare.

The problem with a lot of people getting sick are that the hospital should be able to handle the extra pressure. But the hospitals aren’t equipped to handle so many people at the same time. If COVID-19 was spreading slowly and took time, the hospitals would be able to handle the extra pressure on them. But now they can’t handle it, just look on italy. I have relatives there, they don’t know how they should pay the rent on the apartment or for food and worries how they will get money. The hospitals can’t take in more people and they need to prioritize which people will get treatment. That’s a really awful situation.
I know! My aunt is a nurse and they have to take showers before the leave work! I'm glad they are taking the precautions though, I hope you all stay safe and healthy!

That’s terrible, I hope everything well get better soon.

Hi everyone. Here in South Africa, a lockdown will be implemented for about 3 weeks, and while I have veggies for the next few days, I won't be able to get some for about 2 or so weeks. Cant stock up too much as it will go off. Im sure someone has experience with this, are your rabbits doing okay? My babies get mostly hay, some pellets, a piece of apple or carrot here and there, and each gets a handful of fresh veggies and little herbs every morning. Im worried of course. Kindly let me know your experience? I think they'll be fine, but it will definitely be a change in diet/routine.

Hi everyone. Here in South Africa, a lockdown will be implemented for about 3 weeks, and while I have veggies for the next few days, I won't be able to get some for about 2 or so weeks. Cant stock up too much as it will go off. Im sure someone has experience with this, are your rabbits doing okay? My babies get mostly hay, some pellets, a piece of apple or carrot here and there, and each gets a handful of fresh veggies and little herbs every morning. Im worried of course. Kindly let me know your experience? I think they'll be fine, but it will definitely be a change in diet/routine.

As long you have hay and pellets it will be enough for your bunnies to survive. If you need to bulk something, bulk hay. That’s what your bunny will need and can survive on it without a problem. One of my bunnies only gets hay and a few treats (veggies, fruit, herbs) every week. You will only need to reintroduce the veggies slowly later when you can get the daily supplies again :)

Latest posts

Back