Has anyone ever got a bad bag of Timothy Hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy Kayte.. I haven't had much of a problemwith them so far. I used to buy Hartz timothy hay cause it was cheaper,but Kaytee just seems to be even better than Hartz. And those are theonly 2 brands I can find here where I live. I might try ordering someOxbow online sometimes, or even Alfalfa King hay. I just want the bestfor my Cookie.

I bought a bag of Kaytee Timothy Hay for my bunsand when I opened it I even thought to myself it looked and feltdifferent than usual. I can't explain the difference but my rabbitshave not put a dent in thebag. The same hay I put down in themorning is still there in the night. They are eating pellets and freshveggies but I know how important the hay is. Do you think the petstorewould take it back?

Hi everyone I too has had a lot of problems with timothy hay KAYTEE brand. I buy them at petsmart store in Tsawwassen BRITISH Columbia Canada and this has been going on for a month I have actually had returned 2 bags the last two weeks because the manufacturer is cheating they put some nice ones only on the top but if you go through the bag its all dust *m not feeding my bunny with dust.

The store manager and the racist staff is hesitant to do the return. Someone assisted me for the return and gave me my money back. I tried to buy one bag the wayfair cut whip is better than the last two bags that I returned, however, it has this awful odor.

Kaytee brand timothy hay is not good and we need to inform the manufacturer if we want this improved. For many years I had been using the CAREFRESH BRAND unfortunately its been discontinued. This always smells nice and I never had any problems with it. The OXBOX BRAND is very bad too! In 2013, I started buying them and my rabbit developed a skin itchiness and I too has had it on my chest, its was very itchy and I had to go to the hospital emergency for the itching. Since then I switch to the CAREFRESH BRAND WHICH WAS THE BEST, unfortunately its been discontinued.

ALICIA

Hi everyone I too has had a lot of problems with timothy hay KAYTEE brand. I buy them at petsmart store in Tsawwassen BRITISH Columbia Canada and this has been going on for a month I have actually had returned 2 bags the last two weeks because the manufacturer is cheating they put some nice ones only on the top but if you go through the bag its all dust *m not feeding my bunny with dust.

The store manager and the racist staff is hesitant to do the return. Someone assisted me for the return and gave me my money back. I tried to buy one bag the wayfair cut whip is better than the last two bags that I returned, however, it has this awful odor.

Kaytee brand timothy hay is not good and we need to inform the manufacturer if we want this improved. For many years I had been using the CAREFRESH BRAND unfortunately its been discontinued. This always smells nice and I never had any problems with it. The OXBOX BRAND is very bad too! In 2013, I started buying them and my rabbit developed a skin itchiness and I too has had it on my chest, its was very itchy and I had to go to the hospital emergency for the itching. Since then I switch to the CAREFRESH BRAND WHICH WAS THE BEST, unfortunately its been discontinued.

ALICIA
I agree! Kaytee is horrible. I just got a refund because near the middle and to the end of the bag it’s DUST! I’m now looking forward a better brand.

I order from Small Pet Select, have been very happy with their hay. This is 2nd Cut Timothy I order a 10lb box (don’t have a lot of room to store more) F8E64A12-6176-4DE3-8CBA-B7A8B7A100AF.jpeg

I also order from small pet select! They have amazing quality hay and great customer service. They have 1st, 2nd and 3rd cut Timothy hay. They also have different varieties like alfalfa and orchard. I believe they sell boxes up to 50lbs!

Latest posts

Back