Harnesses.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
Just wanted to know your thoughts on harnesses, safe or a danger? I have heard many people say not to use harnesses as they can be fatal and whatever but when I had my dwarf lop she loved the harnes. She would follow me everywhere on the harness, then again she followed me everywhere off the harness aswell :inlove: ah how I miss that little girl...Anyways, yeh just wanted to know what you thought about them?

Well when I first got my rabbit she was really small so we got a kitten harness and that was ok for about 2 weeks then we moved up to the large sized cat harness and that suited her just great, until winter! so we got one of those comfort harness and I padded it with fleece to keep her warm and I could easily see when she started to binky it WAS going to break her back. So I guess it depends on the harness but I was on pet supermarket buying stuff for the guinea piggies and found this harness (OK, so I ventured of to the small dog section for a few min....err....about half an hour :biggrin2: ) http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/images/ancol_nylon_dogharness_red_smallb.jpg and it looks quite flexible and free for the rabbit to move.

I have seen people use them, and see them marketed for rabbits.

I think a lot of the safety concerns can be determined by the owner of individual rabbits, how they are used - and from feedback of others.

I may look for one for one of my rabbits, as I plan on socializing him quite a bit, and eventually take him with me to the nursing home my dog visits.

While I don't know if a harness will be necessary it'll be something for him to get used to and accept (if possible) and may be handy in certian situations.

I don't thinka harness should be a "permanant" fixture on any animal, however.

Latest posts

Back