Harnesses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flokitherabbit

Reaction score
Good morning all, I was wondering if anyone has successfully used a harness on a mini lop, cat and small dog harnesses are useless. No shops have harnesses fir bunny's please help 🙏 😀 thank you 😁😁

Harnesses are pretty controversial because your bunny can be injured severely from them :)

I had an XXS dog harness for Odyssey prior to deciding I wouldn't want to use it because it stressed her out and I didn't want to risk the dangers.

It was a vest style- so there was velcro and clip around the belly and neck and wasn't just the straps, it was kinda like a fabric shirt with velcro.

I use an H style harness on my Lionhead. You really have to know your rabbit and decide if it’s a good idea to use a harness. I know for certain that my seven-year-old Lionhead isn’t going to run off. The harness is only there as an extra precaution. However, if I were to put it on one of my Netherland dwarfs, they would certainly get hurt. If your rabbit is calm and you decide a harness is a good fit, I would definitely recommend an H style cat harness.

A harness is only a part of the equation. [As others have noted, the h-style is the only type recommended-- at least for those rabbits that are receptive to a harness. Other harness types can be extremely dangerous.]

Aside from harness choice, there are some reasons for and methods of bringing a rabbit outdoors that come with great risk. There are wrong (unsafe) ways and recommended (safe) ways. Take a look at the following page for a more thorough review of things to consider before choosing to use a harness.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bringing-outside.html

Latest posts

Back