Harlan Teklan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaira

Reaction score
Does anyone feed this to their rabbits? The NZ Rat Rescue shop imports this for rats, and in a few months time will start importing rabbit(2040) and guinea pig pellets as well. I'm happy to hear this, as I'm yet to find a decent pellet over here, and I know they do a good rat one, but how does their rabbit one look?
http://www.harlan.com/products_and_...abbit_diets/teklad_global_rabbit_diet_2030.hl

(Reuben goes nuts for the rats ones, so he's happy to hear this)

the 2030 is godawful. protein is a bit too high and fiber is absurdly low. fat is also a little high.

the 2031 high fiber looks MUCH better - protein is right in the ideal range for house rabbits, fat is a bit lower and fiber isn't great but isn't low (the best foods like oxbow and sherwood have like 24-30% fiber).

I thought there wasn't calcium info, but I finally found it on the data sheets - 1% on both, which is within the acceptable range.

I'd stay the hell away from the 2030, but the 2031 high fiber looks to be a decent pellet.

(I didn't see anything on there that said 2040)

Latest posts

Back