Hardwood Floors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyjl

Reaction score
My rabbit does not enjoy walking on hardwood flooring. What is the best way to introduce a rabbit to walking on it and getting comfortable with it?

I had to transition my bun from carpet to hardwood floors. I put him down on a blanket and shook the treat bag and he came running to me. He realized he was on the hard floors but by then it was too late for him to turn around and he wanted the treat. He doesn't like the floors when his nails are long so keep them short. Be sure to have rugs down so the bun doesn't slip and get hurt

That’s a great idea! Thank you! I’ll definitely be trying that soon.

It often simply depends on the individual rabbit. I've had some that were fine on slick tile or hardwood floors. Others would not walk on it regardless. I use area rugs for them. If they really don't like a slick floor, there won't be much to do about it. A rug would be necessary anyway because even those that walk on a slick floor cannot run and binky or get adequate exercise (without harming themselves).

Two of my rabbits are relatively fine on wood but other two are so fluffy they just can't walk what about binkies? I think they feel like I am walking on ice.

Look at those fluffy paws!

This is Bernie
P1030669.JPG

and this is Fred

P1030710.JPG

Latest posts

Back