Hard Decision

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinksMama

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a difficult decision on whether to keep or re-home three of my girls. I'm traveling right now and they're staying at a friends. They maybe there for a few years, but I don't really know for sure. I don't want to deprive them of having a good life with someone who will love on them and give them individual attention each day.

What would you guys do?

I love them so much, but don't want to deprive them of a good life. Even if I re-home these three, I'll still have Tinkerbell, Red Velvet and Habanero.

I also think that maybe it would be better for them since I could give the others more attention. I just feel really torn.

It is a hard decision to let go of someone (I won't call bunnies a thing). You made a commitment to all your bunnies, but sometimes life throws curve balls. You are traveling and three of those bunnies you committed to, are in the care of someone else. It was good for the temporary time you would be gone, but now as you say several years will go by before you return.

I think you will be fulfilling the commitment to all of your bunnies if you do re-home. The three that you have with you will get your full attention, with no guilty feelings of the others. The three others, home with a friend, will find someone, with your watchful eye, who will make that full commitment. All your bunnies deserve the love and attention of someone who loves them.

It is a hard decision. But hard decisions made, with love in mind of that someone you love, IMHO are the best decisions.

Hope this helps.

K:)

Thanks for the input Karen!

All of my bunnies are at my friend's, I only have my two dogs with me right now. They help a little with not having the bunnies, but the hole is still there. I'd probably never be able to re-home Tinkerbell, but maybe able to re-home Habanero and Red Velvet too.

You cant help certain things that happen i life so you just have to do whats best for them. Sometimes things happen

Thanks everyone for your replies! I posted a few ads for them tonight. Hopefully I'll find some good people through them. I put a $30 rehoming fee in the ads to ensure a good home, do you guys think it's too much?

I think I'll post in the rehome section later.

Orlena, thanks. :)

$30 is not too much at all. Bunnies are worth the world and if somebody is ready to love and care for one of your buns they have to be financially equipped too to give it a good home.

I am going to be selling my kits for 80 or more here depending on the demand for them. But I couldn't give them to somebody who thinks they aren't worth that much because then I'd worry if they think the vet bill isn't worth taking the bun to the vet type of thing.

You're making a really good and thoughtful decision. and it takes a lot of courage to make that type of decision.

Latest posts

Back