Happy bunny life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤣 No thanks! I'm happy to be past moody teenage buns. Though that photo of her 'watching' tv is pretty adorable ♥️
They can truly become moody during this age. I thought I wouldn’t get her moodiness but at 6 months it hit her hard. I seem to only get her grunts, growls and stomps at the moment from her 😂

She loves sitting in front of the tv, it all depends on what movie is showing and she will stay longer just looking towards it. So I think she likes watching the movies ☺️

I got one pictures of the houses for my bunnies. I love it and look forward for when it comes next week, I also look forward to set it up. They are getting their own Asgard which the store fixed for me without extra charges, the same for the name plate☺️D34EE741-8EA7-477E-8046-63FF9F24A829.jpeg

Their new houses have come and they are so cute. Both Odin and Freja use the houses to sleep in.

Freja have bloomed out from her shell, so now I got 2 bunnies who will run to me to ask for cuddles and lay up on my chest. Both will give me kisses/grooming and following me around the apartment. So they are truly a cute bunch.

Fenris is being contained in the rabbit room until spayed/healed. Next week will be her time to get spayed at the vet.
B86AE45B-E1E0-4726-9C9A-9BBD77859C06.jpeg

7D3C8515-FAAF-4D00-8E62-8B0CC0E14B22.jpeg
4E4E79B0-328D-460A-83FC-290291620446.jpeg
F09947F5-01CE-4955-AB2A-60AB2A4DF3E6.jpeg

@JBun it can be a little hard to walk with them always being close, watching me and following me around 😵‍💫

When I got home today I saw one had taken a snack off my partners plants (I never wanted them), none of our house plants are poisonous except one that is out of reach for the bunnies and also place on the kitchen table as to make sure nothing falls down to the floor.

First I thought it was Odin and I started to worry about him going into gi stasis because of his sensitive stomach. It have just stabilized. So I was going to give him gas drops as a precaution until I saw Freja stretch for the plants while Odin ignored them. It was quite easy figuring which bun had been snacking.

The culprit of trimming my partners houseplants while so far I have only killed 3 plants 😂
210FFA2B-5628-4EB5-B0C6-B7ACDC5B46E1.jpeg

Now we are on our way to pick up Tyra. We are picking her up on sunday morning while Odin, Freja and Fenris are at a rabbit hotel.

It’s a 4 hr drive with the car until we get to the area where she is. At the moment I’m blasting disney music because I don’t want hard rock music. So me and my partner compensated and settled with Disney 😂

69D7642A-33DD-4A97-A71D-BC984AFF2B6D.jpeg

I might also take in a cat who have been abounded and try to help him find a home or fix so a shelter can take him in. The shelters are quite filled at the moment specially after summer time. It’s just to make sure he gets off the roads before the winter starts. It’s also to avoid the county taking him because if they do and he don’t find a home he will be euthanasia. So I will take him in temporary if we don’t find him a new home. If that happens Odin and Freja will live free roaming with my parents. So on sunday you will se the pictures of Tyra☺️

D6F9F33F-181A-432B-8FDA-4979BE91F31B.jpeg
Here we have Tyra. She have sore hocks and the paws are yellow and going through a heavy molting. So I’m going to clean her paws and treat the sore hocks for her. Next week she will be vaccinated and I will book her spay. She’s truly cute and a beauty ☺️

She's a beauty ♥️ Did she do well on the drive back and get settled in ok? My rabbits always hated being in the car.
We haven’t done the drive home yet. But at least she have eaten a little hay and we have leafy greens soaked in water as to encourage her to get liquid.

We will drive home after eating the lunch☺️

We are finally home and Tyra set up is more focused on keeping it soft. I trimmed her tall nails and treated her sore hocks. I also washed her back paws and brushed them up to make them fluffy again. She also had sore hocks on the front paws but the soft flooring will help it to heal. She’s a bit heavy for her size but she will be put on a normal bunny diet. So her weight will go back to normal.

The car drive was a bit stressful for her and that I forced her to get groomed and treated. Made her more stressful but I know she will calm down later on.
36DF2BAE-9364-4F4B-933A-DAC55F109E40.jpeg36EC982C-DF78-4C37-88F9-790D2108A44F.jpeg

Hopefully she'll feel a bit braver and want to check things out once she settles and realizes the car journey is done. She's a lucky bun and found her way to a great bunny home 🥰

Tyra is still really shy and hides when I come into the room but it will take time for her to warm up. Tomorrow I will take care of her sore hocks and see how they are healing.

She also poop everywhere except the litter box and the hide house are spot clean 😂

Tyra have finally dared show herself while I’m also in the room. I lured her out with pellets but she avoid all touching. Too bad I will have to grab her tomorrow to check on her sore hocks. I will just bribe her with pellets.
C983D6C3-9A91-48D2-B706-77036731FD20.jpeg

CFB536F2-3999-4B03-BB77-8B150643DA5F.jpegWhile Fenris is asking for someone to come rescue her from the bunny prison. (She will be spayed on friday and will be contained until she’s healed and no longer a hormonal). Of course she will get supervised free roaming as she have been getting ☺️

Cuddling with Freja is a lot more safer than doing it with Odin. Right after I cuddled with Odin for a long while I should of listen to my gut. I was worried he had to go to the toilet. I was right he had no time to run to the litter box, at least he was a gentleman and jumped away from my chest onto the blanket to empty his bladder. When he was done he ran to his litter box 😓

Odin have never been a bun that can hold himself and he have a tendency to over stay when he’s comfortable. So accidents happens but they are rare.50827D9E-E68F-4F0C-8D5E-D6918DFC89E7.jpeg

While Tyra is ignoring her snack bowl and only showing me her back. I redressed her back paws. Turned out the one that was dressed was looking better while the paw she had dragged off the dressing was still extremely red and irritated. So it seems the dressing is the best way for her to heal. AE993150-7635-4D9E-89F9-6E01A2F3D914.jpeg

Fenris is back from the spay and eating her hay and food. We also got pain meds for 5 days (I have more). She have nobligan (morphine) and meloxicam twice a day.
1932FA58-A5F6-4269-998B-428DBFB333DD.jpeg

Also next week I’m picking up the stray cat. So I need to make the bathroom cat safe while Odin and Freja will live with my parents. Because I don’t know how the stray will behave and I can’t close those two in they free roam 24/7. So it’s for their own safety.

5F15DB24-2E60-4A7A-A0A9-75362C2847B6.jpeg

So I might be getting even more vet costs. I’m starting to feel like a nursing home with all the extra cares.

Come with suggestions of good names that will fit to the bun squad of Asgard (Thor was taken by Toste).

Poor little thing. I don't know if this bandaging info might help. I'm sure you already know, but just be careful with the tightness of wrapping, to make sure the circulation doesn't get cut off(which could lead to serious problems), and not wrapping over the joint itself(restricts blood flow).

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Surgery/Bandaging/band_foot.htm
http://www.disabledrabbits.com/sore-hocks.html
That's great that Fenris is already eating! Keep a close watch with the morphine. It can sometimes cause sedation and slow gut when too high a dose is prescribed. You just want to make sure she keeps eating and pooping ok. Though it's not like we aren't constantly checking this with our rabbits anyways :p

She's a gorgeous kitty ❤️

Poor little thing. I don't know if this bandaging info might help. I'm sure you already know, but just be careful with the tightness of wrapping, to make sure the circulation doesn't get cut off(which could lead to serious problems), and not wrapping over the joint itself(restricts blood flow).

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Surgery/Bandaging/band_foot.htm
http://www.disabledrabbits.com/sore-hocks.html
That's great that Fenris is already eating! Keep a close watch with the morphine. It can sometimes cause sedation and slow gut when too high a dose is prescribed. You just want to make sure she keeps eating and pooping ok. Though it's not like we aren't constantly checking this with our rabbits anyways :p

She's a gorgeous kitty ❤️

The dressing is loose and I did the best I could do. The downside she knows how to take it off which happened with the other dressing first. I made sure the joint can bend without a problem. I’m going to redress it better today.

My partner is home and will keep watch over Fenris ☺️

Good luck! You've got a lot going on with those bunnies right now. Hopefully Fenris recovery is uneventful, and you can get Tyra sorted with her issues. Nothing like getting the bunny butt to show how irritated they are with us 🤣

Latest posts

Back