Happy bunny life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 hrs into bonding and I had two nips from Embla to Odin. While Odin did one stomp when he went exploring in the area and Embla was going to him. I broke up the nipping because Odin got cornered as to avoid him reacting. Because I know nips aren’t a negative sign and those can happen but if one get cornered, it can cause more stress. I could see Odin wanted to get away, so I just distracted Embla and she went back to her litter box to eat hay which made Odin relax again. She’s the one nipping Odin while he will try to get away or stomp which are exactly the same that happened when I first bonded them but that was more intense to how it is now.

First time I bonded them Odin refused eating and tried to get to me. Now they both ignore each other and occasionally nips or pressing her head into Odin. They are mostly eating while I’m sneezing because of my allergies and I have horrible ventilation in the bathroom. So here I am with a runny nose guarding them and ready to interfere if needed. I hope it keep on going good between them and I know the last time I bonded them it took 3 days until they fully calmed down. So I’m hoping this rebonding won’t take that long but I’m free the whole week.

At least Embla listen when Odin thumps and will back away. Which are something she did during their first bonding.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had to stop bonding because I had to go to the bed and sleep. So they got put in a fenced area. So they could see but not touch with two new litter boxes. We ended the bonding on a positive note when both was ignoring each other and eating.

I’ve used up a whole bag of litter because I’m using 6 litter boxes at the moment. I started the bonding by spreading out pellets as to get them started on something positive in the neutral area. There have been stomping from Odin which isn’t new, he do it when he jump pass Embla.

Attachments

• DA28929E-82C9-4234-873B-27E055E05587.jpeg
    DA28929E-82C9-4234-873B-27E055E05587.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1
I had a little bit of cuddling time and Embla have calmed down with her small nips. She will go to the litter box Odin is eating in and sit outside to also eat. Instead of nipping to make him move all the time.

When I was cuddling them they was sitting next to each other and I’ve seen them sleep. So far no negative signs the last 3 hrs. I know they will need to determine their rang again but it’s a lot calmer than when I first bonded them.

My partner is complaining over that the bathroom have been occupied by my bunnies again and that he can’t go to the bathroom in peace 😂

6 hr+ together I walked into them sleeping together and got to watch two cute yawns. Then Embla started groom her shelf and Odin did it later then both turned into different sizes loafs. So they have started to mirroring each other ☺️

12 hrs+ Odin and Embla have moved to sleeping next to each other with no space. I walked into Odin sleeping right under Emblas stomache and Embla was in a loaf position when sleeping. It was really fun only spotting Odin head when I walked in but I couldn’t capture the moment because they ran up to me.

This is going a lot faster than the first time I bonded them and I hope it will keep on going that well ☺️

I have left Toste at the vet today and I’ll pick him up when he’s done and woken up. Today he’s getting his ears flushed and cleaned.
E2206E23-E2C7-4D6F-BD68-ED717B43D6C9.jpeg

Fenris is growing and is still a crazy happy girl who binkies daily and do zoomies. It’s quite hard capturing pictures of her because she’s always on the move. She’s 4 months old now and just a bundle of joy ☺️
F2280E24-8249-400F-9747-CA7855BDA326.jpeg

Third day since I started to rebond them but we can say second day since I started 24/7 bonding. Odin have been grooming Embla and she have been grooming Odin. They will live in the bathroom until Sunday as to make sure they have bonded. It’s good that the bonding is going well and that they are back to normal again with each other.

Odin look so exhausted because of the molting pattern he have around his eyes.

10EDC583-2338-4FA3-BF3E-162EA60AFC88.jpeg

Medium bun & tiny bun when I disturb them they always look at me ☺
ADF2DCFE-5C28-4FD9-89ED-298D539FF5BC.jpeg

My little brother sent a picture of what my parents have done. Turned out they are missing Odin and was disappointed when I told them Fenris and Toste are the ones following me home to them on thursday.

The bunny my parents have gotten
36B5ED83-97B4-4B2B-8A30-74007EA02BA2.jpeg

Odins favorite spot in the house
6493097D-EC97-4296-914A-57FD99F42033.jpeg

Toste is finally home but was super stressed because of the buss ride. It was hot and a lot of traffic. I made sure to cover him with the litter in the box as to make sure he didn’t smell different and Fenris jumped up to him and cuddle next to him directly. He calmed down quite fast after that while he’s getting groomed by Fenris. You truly notice what a bond do to bunnies specially that Fenris prefer running all over the house instead of cuddling up to Toste at this time. I truly hope their bond won’t break and I can spot how fast Toste breathing slowed down and how his eyes are slowly closing to sleep while Fenris is grooming him.
7FF3294D-7E7B-46D6-9DD9-DB733063A640.jpeg20915364-9F09-468A-96FC-10633C4D180B.jpeg

I love seeing all of the pictures of them, especially seeing BIG Embla with tiny Odin 🥰

That's too funny of your parents. I guess they were missing the little guy too much.

@JBun I’m quite sure my parents are missing Odin. He have been free roaming for 4 years with my parents and next month he’s moving out with me. He have integrated well into the family compared to Embla which my mom is a bit scared of because of her size while Toste have never been a social bun. So they never built a deep connection with the other bunnies.

My mom even take Odin into the bathroom when he wants his cuddles instead of letting him wait 😂

Today all bunnies have finally got their vaccination and a short health check. They got the triple vaccine Nobivac Myxo-RHD plus.

The most tricky one was Embla, I had to hold her in my arms and she tried to nip the one giving her the vaccine. She have always been the feisty one. The reason why I took her first. Because Fenris and Odin are more well behave and kind which are the same with Toste.

Not really what any could think a 4 month old would behave better than the 2 year old. Embla have always been an opinionated bunny who will nip when she dislike something. Nothing I would want to change. The vet also thought Odin was the young one because of his size 😂

My bunnies weight now:
Odin 705 grams
Toste 1.9 kg
Embla 3.4 kg
Fenris 750 grams, she’s growing really well

I’m glad Odin have lost a bit of weight before he weighted at his heaviest 780 grams that was a time when he couldn’t clean himself because of his weight. I know when he only lived with me, his weight was around 570-600 grams. So he have a few grams to lose until back to normal again. He’s the small chubby boy because he mastered the begging charm no one in my family could resist. The weight will drop when he eat only his normal diet without any added treats and my parents have held back on the treats for him.

This month I’ve spent 900$ on vet costs. I’m glad I have insurance because my vet costs would of been a lot more if I didn’t have it for Toste.

Now it’s nap time in the family and I hope everyone have a great day.

Attachments

• 650763C4-EF4B-4B3F-AD69-09FB383460AF.jpeg
    650763C4-EF4B-4B3F-AD69-09FB383460AF.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 5
Today I’m celebrating my birthday with family friends and my friends. So Fenris and Toste will get a bit of snacks of an over ripe banana and a piece of carrots with leafy greens. Fenris often only take a small taste bites while Toste will eat the rest.

Odin and Embla is at my partner place so they are away. It fist tomorrow I will see them again ☺️

Attachments

• 5702994C-83A3-45FB-9F0C-7A58C152FD87.jpeg
    5702994C-83A3-45FB-9F0C-7A58C152FD87.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 3
A week have gone by since I started to do fast bonding with Odin and Embla. The rebond have seen to go really well and they have moved to their temporary home set up which will change 3 weeks from now when we move. They are getting free roaming time now and they have no problem sharing a food bowl between each other.

Seem like I’ll have to keep an extra eye on Odin and Embla while they are roaming in the bedroom. I’ve stopped them 4 times to not pee on my partner side of the bed. At least they aren’t like Fenris and I can easily put them in the cage before they let it all go. I know they never do it on my side of the bed because they know not to pee on my bed but I will restart litter training with them. I don’t understand why they want to use my partner side of the bed as a litter box/marking 😵

Attachments

• D3260B80-1360-46D0-A68A-94A13822CC8C.jpeg
    D3260B80-1360-46D0-A68A-94A13822CC8C.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4
  • ACE5C07D-33C5-44A1-9B45-97E372FCAA32.jpeg
    ACE5C07D-33C5-44A1-9B45-97E372FCAA32.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 4
  • F708753F-F544-4A69-B5A3-979E7428617D.jpeg
    F708753F-F544-4A69-B5A3-979E7428617D.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 4
  • 54FF84B2-4D1D-4595-B12D-A8118F3DAE79.jpeg
    54FF84B2-4D1D-4595-B12D-A8118F3DAE79.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4
When you have two bunnies up on the couch. It’s great they can split, so me and my partner get a cuddle buddy while watching a movie.

Odin and Embla no longer care about Toste & Fenris scent. So I’m seeing it as something promising when they will share a bunny roam with each other. The bond between Odin and Embla is going strong and I’m so happy the bond was successful.

Fenris is slowing getting hormonal. She have started to scatter poop everywhere and have started to chew the cage bars when she want attentions. Next week I will get the keys to the new apartment but it will be 2 or 3 weeks until we can move. I’m just waiting until I have access to the apartment and I can fully fix the rabbits rooms ☺️

Attachments

• 0F027F42-7050-4DC4-90EF-E81B13D70E8C.jpeg
    0F027F42-7050-4DC4-90EF-E81B13D70E8C.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 5
Today I’m celebrating my birthday with family friends and my friends. So Fenris and Toste will get a bit of snacks of an over ripe banana and a piece of carrots with leafy greens. Fenris often only take a small taste bites while Toste will eat the rest.

Odin and Embla is at my partner place so they are away. It fist tomorrow I will see them again ☺
That is pretty fancy

Today I went through a scare when both Toste and Fenris got into the bedroom. Where Odin and Embla are in their cage. I was glad they only sniffed each other and later ignored the other pairs. So when I went into the room all 4 bunnies was staring at me to see if I had food on me. Embla and Odin where jumping in the cage all excited while Toste & Fenris was jumping around my feet but they refused to leave the bedroom. So I picked Toste up and put him outside the bedroom and took Fenris with me with a bit of food to their cage in the living room.

The move to the new apartment have been pushed forward because there was a few things that needed to be fixed before we moved. So they will keep on being constrained in the cages with supervised free roaming until I can fix a cc run around their main cage.

The cc cage will have solid plastic walls down while the upper grids will be wire as to make sure they get ventilation but the solid walls will only make them see each other but not get to each other. Seem like they have gotten used with each others scents when all 4 have been living in the same apartment and me always going between them. I’m glad it’s not causing any problems for their own bonds.

I know it’s not optimal but there have been no negative behaviors. The cages are 5 meters apart, so I’m 100% they can smell each other. Maybe they reacted better because my partners apartment is a 100% neutral space compared to my home which was a split territory between Odin & Embla.

A close up of Toste
6A3152F5-A901-4033-AEDE-4EB1E7B791CC.jpeg
How it is to eat dinner with two bunnies having free roaming time
7B1CD621-F271-42AE-A43B-6C7ED1170D12.jpeg

That's good they didn't act aggressively with each other. It could be being in a new place.

That’s so true and the new move will also be a fully neutral area. So I hope they can at least share the living space without any aggression. They will only be able to know their scents. I have made sure that the food bowl is shared and other toys as to let them get used to each other scents by switching between them.

I have also fixed a spay for Fenris towards autumn when she have turned 6 months old. At the end of the month their bunny room might be fully put together ☺️

Latest posts

Back