Happy bunny life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
986E6034-141B-414F-A211-0C448EAB6559.jpeg
622B6B67-E485-4E2F-9234-E659DEAA2597.jpeg
I’m already letting Embla get used to be touched. While she eats I will lift her front paws so she put her weight on me and I will also stroke her body. Today she allow me to touch her ears without pulling back and I can stroke her stomach for a few seconds.

So it’s really positive signs when I’m going to train her to be picked up. But that’s after bonding with her, we are still in the area to get to know each other and building up a positive connection between being touched and that she can trust me. I’m not going to force her anything or stress her. We will just do everything within her tempo but she’s a really good bunny. I would literaly put her as a bunny good for new owners. Because she seem to be an easy bunny to build a bond with and train. With how brave and curious she is.

It feels so good when I don’t need to take it super slow and can already pet her and touch her really smooth fur 💕

She is beautiful- can I ask what technique do you use to get them use to being held? My little boy loves pats and head rubs but there’s no way he will let me hold him to do his nails so I have to take him to the vets each time 🙄

I watched this a few times and attempted it. It is absolutely not as easy as it looks and I adapt parts of it because of my inexperience and squirmy bunnies, but we get there in the end.

My bunnies are the same, super affectionate and loving all the time they have 4 paws on the ground, but not a chance of holding them on my lap and if i tried on the floor they would just wiggle away, so having them on the counter helps.

I also spray some pet calming spray on the towel, which seems to relax them for a short time so I can get on with it.

View attachment 51047
View attachment 51046
I’m already letting Embla get used to be touched. While she eats I will lift her front paws so she put her weight on me and I will also stroke her body. Today she allow me to touch her ears without pulling back and I can stroke her stomach for a few seconds.

So it’s really positive signs when I’m going to train her to be picked up. But that’s after bonding with her, we are still in the area to get to know each other and building up a positive connection between being touched and that she can trust me. I’m not going to force her anything or stress her. We will just do everything within her tempo but she’s a really good bunny. I would literaly put her as a bunny good for new owners. Because she seem to be an easy bunny to build a bond with and train. With how brave and curious she is.

It feels so good when I don’t need to take it super slow and can already pet her and touch her really smooth fur 💕
She has such a cheeky look on her face in that last pic 🥰

Embla have yet moved outside the cage but the cage door is open. So I’ll just have to wait and see when she dare move outside the cage.

I’m listening to rock N’roll music, first she got scared but later understood it’s nothing dangerous. It’s her time to sleep when I took the pictures. She sleep up on the bed.
C939904E-09A0-4659-81E2-9E1FC404B53D.jpeg
571BB535-C14A-4AE6-AB09-9B2A0D837146.jpeg
48712918-10D8-49C6-B4D8-7B58433030D2.jpeg
2068CDF9-E936-41C8-916A-B277AA0FF1A6.jpeg

I only have one problem with her and that is she keep on stepping and standing in her water bowl. So her paws is often wet, she don’t even react when she stands in the bowl. I need to regularly change the water because she keep on standing in it and I also need to fix a larger litter box with higher edges. Because her aim aren’t that good and often end up missing the litter box even though she’s standing in it 😂

8726C292-516A-4255-AD24-FF0325684E56.jpeg
B58395E7-5885-4467-A96E-D1A9B436BC35.jpeg
Yaay, Embla took her first steps outside the cage. She look like bambi walking on ice when she step outside the rugs but that dosen’t stop her to explore the floor 😂

Right now she’s under my bed and I’m planning to sleep now. I was thinking to close her into the cage but I’ll just let her be and tomorrow morning wipe up urine spots and droppings in my room. The first thing I will have to do in the morning, a perfect way to start a day 🤣

Today Embla did her first binkies and zoomies, but my room is a bit small for her to go all out. But at least she’s happy and feel safe moving around.

I see her often flopping and laying all spread out in the cage. She have been sneezing and I found snot on the water bowl. But her nose is not wet or have any discharge. So I will book a vet time earlier to have her check out and fix the vaccination this month instead.

Embla picked up litter training fast and she have been using the litter box every day since monday. No accidents up on my bed or in the room. But she’s still not in her teenage period, so it will change later. This will be my third bunny I will have to go through their hormonal period 😩

She love chewing things and it’s quite a happy girl. Next Wednesday I will take her to the vet and check her. Because right now I’m wiping up snot from her after she sneeze. I can touch her and she will accept me feeling her stomach and I can give kisses to her. When I say come Embla, a shy girl will stick her head out from under my bed🤣

CE7EAE9C-C3DE-4B1D-84D8-3B7787A5637A.jpeg
D9F94B5A-5981-4552-9BAC-2A3E0AA5A66A.jpeg

Toste had wax problems but after cleaning his ears more regularly and the swelling went down again. He’s such a good boy letting me to handle him without struggling, even though it can hurt a bit if he get swollen. But I always make sure he gets a lot of treats after I’m done.
42F7A929-3F25-45E9-8105-055D3E53808E.png

While Odin have been trying his best to get into my room during night. You should totally see him when I go to bed, he run full speed to my bedroom and I need to pick him up and place him in the kitchen. Then he will stands on his back legs looking through the glass of the door. His big eyes staring at me makes my heart soften for him 😩
A0AEA5D1-D12E-40FE-9076-2837AC087A89.jpeg

Omgoodness! She is adorable...she makes me want that bed!

It’s the doll bed from Ikea, I like that she’s so comfortable being with me 😊

While myself have the problem with Embla directly jumping up to the windowsill. I’ve had to pick her up and put her to the floor. Because she have accidentally fallen into my garbage can and tipping it over in my room 😒

Attachments

• A4AACD46-4752-4A25-8B0C-C333082158BC.jpeg
    A4AACD46-4752-4A25-8B0C-C333082158BC.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 7
Embla is so beautiful! Congrats on bringing her home! She really lucked into finding you as a rabbit parent. I missed when you first got her and now get to enjoy all the pictures of your beautiful, well-loved little hare. I'm, so happy for you and her, as well as love seeing all the pictures of your adventures!

Embla is so beautiful! Congrats on bringing her home! She really lucked into finding you as a rabbit parent. I missed when you first got her and now get to enjoy all the pictures of your beautiful, well-loved little hare. I'm, so happy for you and her, as well as love seeing all the pictures of your adventures!

Thanks Mac, she’s quite a handful compared with my other bunnies but it’s fun. She’s my first bunny that chew things and can easily jump up onto things 🤣

I already had a few papers chewed up by her which she got from my desk 😂

EAB19EA4-FFE6-4A3E-9F1D-72BE9043A740.jpeg

Done with the vet visit, they thought I was giving her too much food. But I will keep feeding her the same amount of food until she stops growing because she get big golden droppings which means she eat a good amount of fiber. I’m just feeding her the double amount an adult will eat and myself feed less pellets when my bunnies have stopped growing.

She’s supposed to get metacam for her snuffle but I’ve noticed it have become better already. At least she got her first vaccination, which was the combination vaccination. I was totally suprised when I knew how much she weights.

She’s 5 months old and already 3,1 kg (6,8 pounds). I will see in 2 months when she stop growing how much she will weight but I think she will nearing the mark of 4 kg.

At the vet they asked me if I was going to breed her, I just told them no. Which they thought was sad because she is such a beautiful girl. I think they haven’t seen that many belgian hares before 🤣

Guess which bunny is starting to become hormonal and starting to mark my bed. Seem to also have a huge rage towards the dust pan and a tendency to jump into the garbage can 🤣

57666483-E777-4D66-8387-F295C23C44FC.jpeg

I haven’t changed anything on my rooms walls since I was a child. But behind the posters and paintings we have a master piece by my little brother. He painted on the walls with a red marker when he was between 2-3 years old. While myself have just been too lazy to repaint the room 🤣

3D707AD3-9161-4EB9-B5A5-80401EE35D4B.jpeg
On saturday I will trim her nails at the pet shop, so it will be a challange. I haven’t really had time bonding with Embla as what I usually do with my other bunnies. But I’ve let her listen to music and she accepts being petted on the head.

She always greet me when I come into the room. I think she’s enjoying her life and she do the litter training really good. But I need to keep an eye on her because if she get the chance she will mark my bed. Otherwise she will do everything in the litter box.

Latest posts

Back