Handling bunnies too much now they kind of hate me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aph10

Reaction score
I’ve been super guilty of handling my bunnies too much lately. I normally coax them out with food but I’ve done it too many times they don’t eat their favorite food as much. They still eat hay, drink water, and eat pellets. The veggies aren’t being eaten right away.

They’re pooping and peeing just fine but they are obviously stressed/pissed at me.
I’ve been trying to give them space. Their pen in my entire living room so I usually just work lying on the floor ignoring them. They’ll come and jump on my back every now and then (like they did before) and sniff at me. But it’s not the same.

I’m trying to get their trust/love back. Any suggestions other than leaving them alone?

btw one’s a lions head so I need to brush him at least 3x/wk so that makes it harder to leave him alone.

They are very spoiled but old men (5.5yrs). Not biting or thumping too much.

Attachments

• 9FA4B1B8-14BF-47B2-814E-44CBE72DB1B9.jpeg
    9FA4B1B8-14BF-47B2-814E-44CBE72DB1B9.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 5
I would suggest saying hello to them when you come into the room and just giving them a short pet to let them know you acknowledge them. Later on the day just talk to them at eye level. Bring out toys and treats. Maybe play calming music. Sit close but maybe not hold them very often. Just be gentle with talking and touching.

I am so lucky that my Baba trusts me completely. When he has the run of our bedroom he will run up the pillow ramp we set up for him, come to us for a pet and then run dow the ramp for either some hay from box or grab a snooze under the bed. Sometimes I wake up to the pitter patter of feet running across my body. When I an sitting on my potty, he runs circles around my feet and sometimesgives me little kisses on my toes. Actually, I am not sure if it's kisses or nibbles as his sharp little teeth sometimes hurt. Is it kisses or nibbles?

Latest posts

Back