Hamsters!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKatMe

Reaction score
I remember I told you guys I was going to get rats and then I never updated you. Well, I had a Winter White hamster and he got really sick and passed away and he was really old and passed away a week before I was supposed to get my rats. I was devastated, and canceled my position on the waiting list. After a couple months, I was ready to get my ratties. Long story short, hamsters were calling me back. So, out if the blue, I permanently canceled my spot, put my rat stuff in storage, and got back out my hammie stuff. It was so sudden, but I am so absolutely sure. I'm meeting up with a breeder tomorrow and I'll have 3 litters to pick from. One litter of Winter White, one litter of Campbell's, and one litter of Roborovski. Yay! Do any of you have hammies (besides Imbrium lol)? They are my second love (bunnies are #1 of course!). I'll keep you updated and post pictures as soon as I get them!

whee, hammies! I've never had dwarves and only seen them a few times... still can't get over how TINY they are! (at least the ones in pet stores, which if they're anything like syrians in stores, aren't fully grown).

Lol the funny thing is actually dwarfs are almost if not fully grown in pet stores. For me, Syrians are so BIG! I never had actually seen a full grown Syrian until a couple years ago at a friend's... She was a giant compared to my WW!

yup! my full-grown syrians were more than 3x the weight of my young sugar gliders the last time I weighed them all.

hamster talk eh? lol

Do hamsters bite? I remember my cousin owned hamsters and his were mean little buggers, scared me from ever owning any of my own!

like all animals, if they feel scared or threatened, they can bite... if properly socialized and handled regularly, you shouldn't ever get more than an exploratory nibble to make sure your fingers aren't food. I have 14 hamsters and my hands are covered in bite and claw marks... but not a single mark is from a hammy - they're all from Trouble, a very aptly-named sugar glider :p

I got my hammies today! Two normal Roborovskis named Tulip and Lily! They are 5 weeks old and the cutest things. I'll get some pics up as soon as they've settled in. I got some up on HH, though;)

Latest posts

Back