Hairball>?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RileysMom

Reaction score
My Rabbit has recenently ( about a weekand a half) been shedding alot. His poops have been irregular. And heslots his appetite for his favorite foods...he will take one bite or soand thats it......and hes eating alittle big of hay. He lays aroundalot more that usual.

Yesterday I noticed his eyes and nose were messy and wet...not alot butnoticable, and he was kinda doing this weird thing with his mouth ,like he was chewing, Now today his chin is all wet.

I came online reading about it today, and what initially i thought was a hairball, online sounds like could be a tooth problem.

Can anyone help me?

So he's still pooping? That's good.

It does sound more like a tooth or jaw problem, so a vet visit is in order.

In the meantime, he might also be having gas problems. I knowmy buns are more prone to gas when they're shedding. You cangive him simethicone (baby gas meds). The dosage is here:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rx/drugcalc.html

It's safe to give on your own and as far as I know it's not known to cause side effects in rabbits.

Also try to get more fluids into him. My bun Loki tends toget small, hard poops when he's shedding a lot and increased fluids fixthat and make him feel better. He loves canned pumpkin so Igive him a couple tablespoons a day. It provides both morewater and some fiber, plus all four of my buns love it. Also,if he has a water bottle try giving him a bowl as well as many rabbitswill drink more from that. You can also add a little vanillaflavoring or flavored Pedialyte to a second bowl or bottle.

So what's his name? I'll be thinking of the two of you. Please keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back