Hairball prevention?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitt

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me remember what kind of hairball prevention medicines that you buy for cats that you can give bunnies. My bunny has started shedding like craaaazy and I hadn't even thought about hairball prevention until just now, although I know my vet mentioned it (I've only had him about a month. I didn't even realize bunnies shed!) I've started brushing him daily now, but I want to make extra sure he's not gonna get sick.

Papaya and pineapple are good treats that help with hairballs. I haven't heard any specific rules about giving rabbits cat hairball medicine, but I have given it to my rabbits when they look like they really needed it...they didn't like it very much though.

I would give fresh pineapple and bromelian ( just little amounts of fresh and get rid of what is not ate after 1/2 hour as the enzymes die) Lots of hay and I use malt flavoured cat fur ball medicine. They don't like it and as long as they are passing lots of feces and you are brushing everyday and then running damp hands over their body after you are done brushing ( several times, removes the loss hair ) they probably don't need it.

Latest posts

Back