Hair/Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wtfalcons111

Reaction score
One of my rabbits has been shedding in clumps of hair daily. I have two mini lops and one barely sheds and the other sheds so much I can't keep up. I brush him daily and i still can't keep up. It's like bunches of dead hair that just fall out or i can brush out. He's not bald and has plenty of hair left but is it really normal for a rabbit to shed that much? It just confuses me that both rabbits are indoors together and one sheds so much and the other barely sheds. Is this normal for a a rabbit to do for months at a time? Any help would be great. Maybe later before i brush him for the day I can snap a picture to show you what i mean exactly. Any info would be great!

Thanks Anthony

Every rabbit sheds different. I have one doe right now who's blowing her coat, but most everyone else in the barn is done with their summer molt.

Some rabbits shed in big clumps like that, and are usually done within a couple weeks, or a month at most. Others shed little bits for months on end (nearly constant in some cases). Even two littermates kept in the same cage will be different.

The only other concern I would have would be if the two are caged together the one with the hair loss could be getting it as a result of a scuffle.

Yah my girl brittany is shedding like crazy. While my boy malachi is hardly. Its a lot of fun clipping nails as brittany's hair is flying everywhere. Bunny fur does not taste good. lol

Latest posts

Back