Quantcast

Hair loss in a patch?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was brushing Duke today (as he is shedding quite a bit) and noticed that he had an area of thin fur where he had lost hair. And ideas what it could be? I'll attatch a few pictures below sorry they aren't the clearest!. Is this something I need to visit the vet for?

He and Bambi both live together and have the same diet and exercise routine of
-2tbsp of pellets
-1 bowl of mixed green veggies
-unlimited timothy hay
-water
-occasional fruit as treats

Bambi has shown no hair loss, so do I need to be worried?

NOTE- Bambi has recieved the mite treatment almost 4 months ago, but Duke hasn't had it yet (we have no previous records from the shelter of him getting it either- so I guess I should probably book an appt?)

Attachments

zuppa

Reaction score
Hi, it looks like molting to me as well, if skin looks healthy not irritated no dandruff I think it will just regrow

Ejomo

Reaction score
Being a new bun mum and starting to witness the incredible moulting buns do, I wouldn't be surprised if it is just moulting but I think as other peeps say, watch for dandruff, (can be mites) or hardened skin (ringworm) and fur pulling (boredom or stress). Good luck, beautiful bunny!

Nancy McClelland

Larry
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our little Chin Mini-Rex, Stockton would go bald on his neck every spring and then grow his hair back. Never found any thing, so assumed it was a normal shedding thing for him.

Latest posts