Hair buster

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you all think about the hair buster? Should I get one for my rabbit?
Here is the one I have:

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
I was just wondering what you all think about the hair buster? Should I get one for my rabbit?
Here is the one I have:
The hair buster is expensive and initially I thought it was wasted money because Simba hated it and wouldn’t let me use it, but with patience he’s accepted it once a day and now it’s a game changer for us.

he has to be in the right mood because it pulls and tugs the hair a bit, but since we got it he hasn’t had a single case of stasis during a very dramatic hair shed, and before we got the brush he was having regular blockages almost every 1-2 weeks.

it gets so much more hair out, but as I say you have to be gentle and get the rabbit in the right relaxed mood as it’s quite different to using a normal brush, or at least it is the way I do it.

I love the hair buster. I use it on my bunny every day. It is expensive though, and the price keeps going up. Just four months ago it was $18–now is $23! Inflation…
If you don’t want to spend the money, try weaving a thick rubber band into the teeth of your current comb to mimic the hair buster. Cut a wide rubber band so it’s not a loop. Weave over every third of fourth tooth, then push rubber band to the top of the comb. That’s pretty much what the hair buster is. You just need to figure out how to secure the rubber band in place.

Last edited:
I love the hair buster. I use it on my bunny every day. It is expensive though, and the price keeps going up. Just four months ago it was $18–now is $23! Inflation…
If you don’t want to spend the money, try weaving a thick rubber band into the teeth of your current comb to mimic the hair buster. Cut a wide rubber band so it’s not a loop. Weave over every third of fourth tooth, then push rubber band to the top of the comb. That’s pretty much what the hair buster is. You just need to figure out how to secure the rubber band in place.
I just tried that a few days ago. I did not try it on my rabbit yet but I did my cat. Thanks for the excellent idea. It works great

It gets a ton fur out which it great! The only downside to this brush is to make sure that you use it very gently. Don’t get too carried away while brushing. These types of brushes have a reputation for taking out too much fur and causing bald spots! Other than that it’s a great brush!

Thank you all for all the reply's, edifice, and comments on this thread.

What do the rubber bands have to do with anything? Does it collect hair better?
This is not my rabbits fur but its my cats fur,

Attachments

• Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.57 AM.jpg
    Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.57 AM.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.57 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.57 AM #2.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.58 AM.jpg
    Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.58 AM.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.58 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 6-12-22 at 10.58 AM #2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
What do the rubber bands have to do with anything? Does it collect hair better?
Yes, I think the hair sticks to the rubber. Similar to how when you tie your hair up with a regular rubber band, and it’s a nightmare to get out because hair just sticks to it and gets tangled.

Latest posts

Back