had an oopsie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
One of the bunns had an oopsie on the rug just outside of the litter box. I clean their boxes with vinegar and would like to use that on the rug since it is safe.

Do I use 100% or dilute with water?

How long will the pickle smell stay in the carpet?

Will it remove the stain? If not, what is safe to use?

I rent so I have to be careful to keep things very clean and don't want any spots on the carpets. The kids are normally very good and I think this was just bad aim. I'm going to put some tiles around the box after I get this cleaned up just to prevent in the future.

Thanks! :biggrin2:

I use straight vinegar in a spray bottle, but if I am correct that mainly gets the smell out not the stain, for stains I use Nature's Miracle stain and odor remover that you can get in most dog supply area's. I raised and bred Great Dane puppies and I bought this stuff by the gallons. It works really well.

Soak up the urine with paper towels as much as possible and as soon as possible. Then I spray the spot with straight vinegar so that it's thoroughly soaked and just leave it to dry. Generally, by the next day the smell will be gone (for me anyway; the bun buns probably disagree).

I've tried this with Nature's Miracle before and found that it still left a stain in the carpet. Maybe I wasn't using it properly? :?

I just spray vinegar, use a brush on the spot then use paper towel to soak up the vinegar and the pee.

Stain is always gone, I have never used any spot/carpet stain remeover.

Susan:)

Vinegar is going to do nothing for deterring rabbits re-marking that spot due to the ammonia content. Biological washing powder in hot water does a much better job of removing smell/stains, and doesn't make your house smell like salad!

Latest posts

Back