Gunner eating litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreezeNkody

4 Fuzz-Butts
Reaction score
So Gunner my 10 week old Flemish I think may be eating his litter pellets. I use wood pellets for stoves. They don't have accelerants in it or anything should I be really worried about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Depends, just how much is he eating? My Flemish Conan did this at first when I first switched him over but it was never much and he eventually stopped. Long term it can't be too good but at such a young age they like to try new things. Hell, when Conan was young he licked up his own pee twice.

I think he may just be nibbling. But I also think some of his food may have dropped in so he was eating that.

If he is eating litter, it might be better to use a different litter until he grows out of that. There are a number of good paper-based options out there which won't be harmful if chewed on. Just a suggestion anyway.

He never had a litter box before, he was in a homemade pen, she allowed them to use the bathroom on pee pee pads. So he may just be exploring what it was. I think he's stopped chewing on it now

Latest posts

Back