Guinea pigs and rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliefw

Reaction score
So I have a male rabbit and one of my friends needs me to watch their guinea pigs they aren't going to be staying in the same pen. All the things online are talking about if you pen them together. But I was wondering if anyone knows if it's okay just to have another animal in the room. Thanks

(I've had other rabbits over before and he's never thrown a fit or anything he's normally pretty laid-back just for contacts)

Sure, why not.
The discussion about GP and rabbits is just that GPs aren't a real substitute for a bunny mate.

In the same room is fine, but not in the same enclosure where they interact. Also, don't allow one to go where the other has been without first cleaning the area. Each species can be a carrier of bacteria/virus that can affect the other species.

Here's how I housed both species (but kept them separate):
1623106367800.png

In the same room is fine, but not in the same enclosure where they interact. Also, don't allow one to go where the other has been without first cleaning the area. Each species can be a carrier of bacteria/virus that can affect the other species.

Here's how I housed both species (but kept them separate):
View attachment 55700
Thank you that really helped

Latest posts

Back