Guess who has a new job...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
So I've been working at home for a while now.I get up, brush my teeth, maybe brush my hair (but not often) and turn on my laptop.

Everyone I work with is in Brazil, so there's no point for me to go into the IBM office, and I haven't been for months. I go in maybe once a week for meetings with clients, but otherwise, I am the queen of lounge-wear.

So, I've gotten tired of it, and I'm not where I want to be (or can be) as far as salary, responsibilities etc...SO I've gotten myself a new job. YAY me.

So... starting soon - maybe in a month.. I'm going to have to start leaving the house every day. :shock:I guess this is kick in the butt I've needed to bond Oliver to the other two guys cause he is going to be a lonely bun in the daytime. :(

Isn't it funny that the one thing that is totally upsetting to me about having to go out to work is not being able to spend the whole day with Oliver?? Sad... :p

This job is pretty sweet. It's more of the same kind of thing I do now, but a senior position, so I'll actually have 2 people reporting up to me when I start - whichis going to take some getting used to!

It's at a bank which is awesome because it will be downtown in one of the financial towers and close to my house AND I'll be part of the power-suit financial district horde which to be honest -I LOVE.

And I got a nice bump in salary etc... I wouldn't be getting this salary at IBM for another 10 years maybe, so it works out great. When it comes down to it, everyone is all about the money... :D

Anyway, just wanted to share my exciting news!!

Change is so hard.... I'm honestly scared outof my mind! I'm going to be working on million dollar projects. I'm totally shaking in my boots... but excited if that makes sense.

:S

Nad

Congrats Honeypot.

I've been considering going back to work full time and quitting my house cleaning. I am getting too old for it LOL!

:woohoo

You can SO handle that job, Nad, nary a shred of doubt there. ;)

Personally I'd consider it torture to hang out on Howe Street (the Van city version). I couldn't do it, anyway,could never find'power clothes' with no rabbits holeschewed in 'em. :biggrin2:

I'm very very happy to hang out in my sweats and stay close to the fridge. And of course the bunnies. ;)

And I know I should... but I never cared much about money. :sigh:

Your timing is good -- I know where there's 400 rabbits needing homes yesterday, maybe Charlie would like a family? :?

Good luck with it!

s :wiggle

Nadia,

I'm so happy for you! I bet you are a bit scared when you have worked on your time for some time now. You'll be great, no doubt.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.:hug:

Congrats to you!:D:party::trio:yahoo:

Congratulations Nadia! :great:Good for YOU! (Money is nice, if you can get it! LOL!) Wishing you the best of Luck! You'll be great!

:bunny18:clapping::party:

hehe, thanks guys! For me it's more about the work environment. I love being at home all day, but it's starting to get to me. lol.

Sas - All my power clothes have rabbit holes in them too. LOL.

Excuse for a shopping trip!

Nad

LOL, thanks guys.

I signed all the paper work today and got the tour and met a crap load of people I'll be working with.

So I'm officially a Senior Business Analyst at the Bank of Montreal. Woohoo. The best part is I get the "employee" rate for credit card interest and mortgate rates etc... so have to move all my stuff over.

Now I just have to tell IBM I'm out... bah. Looking forward to that meeting!

:D

Nad

Do we need to take up a collection so you can get new clothes that have not been tailored by the bunnies? Can't have you going in looking ragged, now can we? :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back