Guess I should introduce my new guy, huh?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
I brought home a purebred Broken Holland Lop two weeks ago. I've always liked Hollands, and I know several who are good rabbit jumpers, so I was between either a Holland or a Dutch for my next hopper. I fell in love with the Broken Tort coloured Hollands, and when I saw this boy at the show, I knew he was coming home with me.

He was very quiet in his carrier, but boy don't let that fool you! Outside of his cage he is ALL over the place. Typical baby bunny. Looking at everything, just wants to do what he wants.

He allowed for a fellow breeder to pose him at the show, but of course now? NOPE! He will have none of it. We got in a little argument this morning when I took him out to try and pose him. He is a little biter and will nip you if you bug him. He got me pretty good on Thanksgiving - not quite enough to draw blood, but it still hurt!

He'll be 4 months on December 4th, so we're gonna start his harness training pretty soon. I just wish it wasn't in the dead of winter with all these nasty yucky days out - sure makes it hard to start harness work! I'm hoping that he will be as good (and even better) a jumper as Magic.

I'm also going to allow one of my 4-Hers to show him, since he is show quality.

Okay, enough blabbering, here are some pictures!
KaelumMe001.jpg

Kaelumposed2.jpg
Little bit of posing that he did all on his own.
Kaelumcutie.jpg
He knows he's cute.
BunnyShowNovember012.jpg
After getting him at the show!

Oh, and his name is Kaelum. :) Kael for short.

Emily

Cutie Patootie for sure!

Hollands can definitely make good hoppers as well, Babbitty's my best one. He's not much for height but for speed, haven't seen another one faster :)

Kipcha wrote:
Cutie Patootie for sure!

Hollands can definitely make good hoppers as well, Babbitty's my best one. He's not much for height but for speed, haven't seen another one faster :)

Babbitty definitely inspired my choice to add a Holland Lop. :)

Magic wasn't ever for speed, but did good height & distance, so maybe Kaelum will have that AND speed? Lol.

Emily

You know Emily you and I live soooo close together. I really like him. I mean really really like him. Plus I have an octopus (cue the soundtrack to "The godfather"). Yes Emily. I like him.....and I have an Octopus.

LOL! Thanks everyone! :)

And Katie, I'd trade him for your octopus! :p lol.

I will try and get some new pictures of him today since it's really nice outside. I know he will enjoy coming out to run around, and I'll probably start him on the harness today too!

Emily

Latest posts

Back