Grumpy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately Lucy has been more territorial and sometimes aggressive. This morning I was cleaning her litter and she was standing up and leaning on my back. Then she was lightly biting my toes. Later today she hopped up on the couch and was tearing it up (already torn up). A couple weeks ago my granddaughter was sitting close to Lucy's area and Lucy got on her hind legs and kind of leaned/pushed her. She loves attention which is mainly from 3 of my kids plus me. Is she being territorial? What should I do? Recently we moved her litter into a new room....She is free roam unless it is bed. Then we put up the pen around her litter, padded bunny condo and pellets/water. Since we moved her there she poops all over the floor at night? I am having trouble knowing her behavior.

It doesn't sound like aggressive or territorial behavior to me. Nibbling is usually just grooming or exploratory behavior. Standing up and putting their paws on something is usually them checking something out. Now if she was like snowplow pushing forward with her from paws, that would be something different. It's what they do when they are digging, to move dirt out of the way. I've also had rabbits do it when they are fussing with a blanket.

The only territorial behavior that I can see from your description, is the poop marking. But that's common when you change a rabbits area or environment. It will usually subside after a few weeks.

Tearing up the couch, and if she is acting extra busy right now, could be due to the onset of spring. Many rabbits will have increased energy and exhibit more hormonal and nesting behaviors, particularly rabbits that haven't been fixed.

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/
http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Understanding_your_rabbit

That definitely sounds more like what @JBun said. Xiao Wu has gotten more like this because of spring as well, and she's spayed. Just gotta adjust. Nibbling isn't being aggressive. Biting, however, is. Pooping everywhere? That's typical, since you did move her area. Rabbits are fickle critters when it comes to their claimed space.
My bed sheet is covered in holes from Xiao Wu. My blanket I use as grip for Shen as well. But what animal doesn't destroy stuff you don't want them to destroy?

That definitely sounds more like what @JBun said. Xiao Wu has gotten more like this because of spring as well, and she's spayed. Just gotta adjust. Nibbling isn't being aggressive. Biting, however, is. Pooping everywhere? That's typical, since you did move her area. Rabbits are fickle critters when it comes to their claimed space.
My bed sheet is covered in holes from Xiao Wu. My blanket I use as grip for Shen as well. But what animal doesn't destroy stuff you don't want them to destroy?
We are getting new couches this week. I am hopeful she won't get on them and rip it.

Latest posts

Back