grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
we are curently buying a house and joshua(myfionce) thinks hes gonna put my babies out side and im saying NO .idont want them inside and i know that they will be happier inside willeveryone list reasons to keep them inside so that maybe he'll comearound

thank you sara

I honestly wouldn't put my bunny outside...I livein NC, it's WAY too hot down here for him to be outside,...I'm honestlyafraid he'll get heat stroke...besides, it's alot more fun to have theminside. I live with my sickly mother and she was superhesitant about my rabbit staying in the house. I managed toconvince her ... a bit forceful with my words :p...When she saw him,she didn't like him...he must've senced it and started licking herlol! They're honest to goodness great animals...they're justfuzzy kid's with long ears that can't really talk! lol :DJust ask him if he'd like to sleep outside...How would hefeel? What if you were away in solitude away from otherpeoples constant contact? IF I were a bun, I'd gladly want tostay inside. (Not discouraging those who have bunsoutside,...it's just my preference.)

~Karly~

Rabbits are social animals and need attention andcompany lots and lots, therefor putting them outside would limit thetime you spend with them, so they need to stay inside! :D

Also they might be prey to wild animals such as foxes and cats... *thinks cats are wild animals no matter how domesticated*

Tell him they have to stay inside because I say so!! :D

Mine get lots more attention than they would outside.

"Also they might be prey to wild animals such as foxes andcats..." Our first bunny shadow sadly was taken by a fox:(We haventlet any of ourbunnies liveoutside because of that.

I think it's easier on the rabbit. Youcan control the temperature. I live next to woods so it'sbetter to keep them inside here cause of the neighborhood cats andraccoons. Besides, the weather here is always extreme heat orextreme cold.

Joseph:D

Just think of the electricity you'll save whenyou can watch the bunnies playing instead of the TV. Tell him that theywill love him lots if they can see him more often and interact, and ifall else fails, tell him what I told my husband - If it came to achoice between my bunnies living outside, or him, then he knew where toget a sleeping bag :D_ Jan

I think you should keep them inside becausethere's animals that would want to eat them..And if they got to hot orcold they could die.

Jessica

My husband has similar views as your fiance. Youhave to talk money... or whatever else "speaks" to him... he will neverfully understand your bunnies "needs", you can talk until your blue inthe face about all the reasons why they need to be inside and he'llnever get it.

Explain it to him this way, if you you're bunnies were outside andsuffered an attack, or some other illness, just imagine all those HUGEvet bills! By the time you get done you could probably add an additionto your new house! That'll get him thinking ;)

Megan

Buck Jones wrote:
Tell'um that rabbits don't get mad, they just geteven! He'll have to watch his back for the rest of his life.

Buck

lmao buch you are tooo funny and that is so true lyla had a nibble onsome of his wires before we got them compleatly bunnyproofed,josh has never cared for her he only tolerates her because i love herso much:?

thank you everyone!

My husband didn't want a bunny but I got oneanyway. So he said he had to stay outside. I argued that it was to hotand he wouldn't make the dog stay out there. I also told him I wasworried the neighborhood kids would mess with the cage. So he finallyagreed Peabody could be inside and wouldn't you know it the two of themnow have an amazing bond. Aaron would always make of him before headingoff to work. I'm beginning to think Peabody really misses it too.

Hi Sara,

Battles have to be carefully picked and this isn't a good one for yourfiance. Those rabbits are your babies. You could become resentful ofhim and unhappy in the house if he gets his way.

Good Luck!

-Carolyn

lol i told him to put his computueroutside its his pride and joy you guys should see this thing it irediculus!!! lol .he said they are animals they belongoutside, they have evolved outside and they would be happier outside.and i said nooooooooooo they were born inside miss pig has livedindoors for 2 years and lyla is still young. i live in colorado on thewestern slope it is like 105 everyday!

but with all that said he has agreed to let my babies in:D:D:D:p

Alas, your fiance has met his match!

Happy to hear the good news, gjsara!!

-Carolyn

Hi, Sara! Here's a link to an article that will hopefully help you to present a solid argument for your case:

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/outdoors.html

I'm a firm believer in indoor bunnies, especially in light of the many,many horror stories that I've heard about outdoor bunnies.Don't get me wrong, some bunnies have excellent outdoor livingarrangements as can be attested to by some of our esteemed members likeBuck, MyBunnyBoys, and Loz n Ebony. However, they've takenextraordinary precautions to set up totally protected outdoor livingspaces for their bunnies that predators can't breach.

One of the most extreme stories that I've heard of violent outdoorbunny deaths came from my father-in-law and took place about a yearago. He owns a petting zoo and had 25 bunnies in an outsidepen. Even though they were locked inside the pen a group ofneighborhood dogs who had formed a roaming packgot to themone day. They broke into the pen and my stepmother-in-lawcame home that evening to a driveway strewn with bloody, mutilatedbunny carcasses. Not one of them escaped. I cryevery time I think of this story. I could give you many otherexamples, but they're just simply too painful to recollect.

Good luck to you in getting your fiance to change his mind. Sherman and I are rooting for you!

Latest posts

Back