Grr.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikoli

Reaction score
I just need somewhere to rant, and I have the feeling that the people on here would care.

Ollie is an outdoor rabbit, and he lives in a hutch next to our house. He's not actually locked in, but he has never escaped, because his hutch has such a heavy lid. Today, my sister's friend came over. They were messing around in the backyard, throwing water bombs and such, and they decided that they were going to play with Ollie without telling me. It's not that my sister is an inresponsible person, and she is well aware of how to handle Ollie (she's older than me), but she didn't care. She just wanted to show him off to her friend. Anyway, they were messing around and forgot that they had let Ollie out. They came back in, and still didn't tell me that they were playing with Ollie. Grr.

Anyway, a few hours later, I came out to feed Ollie before I went to a party. I came out to check on him before I went to pick his dinner, when I noticed that his cage was open. I was too shocked to react for a moment, then ran inside to ask my sister if she had Ollie. She didn't, obviously, and she told me that she had been playing with him and didn't put him back in his cage. Grr.

Long story short, about half an hour later, one of our neighbours asked us if we had a white rabbit with black ears. He had been hopping around in their vegetable garden. I jumped into their backyard, and Ollie simply hopping up to me and started sniffing my leg. It was the first ever time he had actually come when he had called my name.

I was just so relieved. I had actually begun to accept that I'd never see him again. If we didn't find me, I was planning to spend the night next to his cage in case he came back. I've got to go, since I'm supposed to go to that party in twenty minutes, and I'm not ready.

Rachel.

Wow, that certainly sounds scary! :shock: I'd be having a heart attack, too!

I'm so glad that you could find him so quickly :hug: Many people aren't that fortunate

Best of luck that this doesn't happen again! I'd give that sister a talking to :X

~Diana

I am SO Glad you got him back. He probably came to you because you were the only familiar thing around, and it shows that even if he doesn't normally come to you, he does love you and knows you are safe and friendly :)

Your sister, despite being older, is clearly less mature than you are. Hopefully your parent/s or something can talk to her about what she did because she clearly didn't think.

Its so scary when they escape, Sky did it a couple of times and it's terrifying, but I truly am gla dyou got him back :)

Oh boy! I know it was an accident, but your sister really needs to be more careful!

Thank goodness your neighbor was aware of him!

"MAMA!!!!!!!!! I was goned! You finded me!!!"

Your just so lucky that you found Ollie!........i'm sure he's probably dreaming of his little adventure he hadtoday ;)..if only he knew just how worried his mummy was though

Glad he's home!

Cheryl

Thank you everyone. :)

I've calmed down now, and I'm a lot less angry at my sister. I have the feeling she's avoiding me; I've only said two words to her since, and she went to bed before I came home. I know it was an accident, but she is rather rough with him. He's not one of those fidgety, nervous buns who can't stand being touched (in fact, he's quite the opposite), but she does things like putting his harness on and just letting him run off with the leash dragging, or grabbing him by his back legs, when he absolutely hates that. She's been banned from going near him, I don't know for how long, but I don't think it will matter to her - she doesn't actually spend any time with him unless her friends come over. It's supposedly our rabbit, but since she might touch him once a month, and I'm the one that feeds him, excercises him, takes him to the vet, and generally the only person that has any contact with him, he's become my rabbit.

At least I didn't have to let him out for playtime afterwards! :p

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back