Growth spurt??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killertheturtle

Reaction score
In the last two weeks, my flemish, Bruce Wayne, has been eating about twice as much hay as normal. He has never been a big hay eater, compared to my two other buns. I'm wondering if he is growing or if something may be wrong.
Everything else with him is normal.
If this info is relevant, he is 13 months old and neutered. I weighed him about two months ago and he was between 12-13.
Thanks!

In my opinion...something is quite right. The majority of an adult rabbit's diet should be hay. We feed our large population of rabbits all the hay they can eat. Not only does that make a happy gut....that chewy hay is the primary way of keeping the teeth worn down to a proper length. Give him all the hay he wants. We have two Flemish....Andre "The Giant" at about 30 pounds and Chyna "The Big Show" and she is well into the 20s (she was a vicitim of horrible abuse and starvation prior to coming here). They get huge flakes of hay every day. The more hay they eat...the better I like it. They get very limited pellets....actually less than most people feed their dwarf bunnies. Pellets are strictly rationed here and we rarely have gut or dental problems. All of our rabbits have a variety of hay available to them at all times.

Randy

Yeah I always give him unlimited hay, but just recently he has been eating much more than normal. I just wanted to double check that he wasn't eating more cause he was sick, etc etc.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back