growling and pouncing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustydog

Reaction score
Dusty is a well adjusted one year old neutered bunny. Occassionally Dusty pounces at my daughter and son (both adults) and growls. He is a sweet bunny to all the rest of the time and even kisses like a dog. Do you think he gets startled or gets over excited? Thanks for your help :?

This doesn't sound hormonal to me, as he has been neutered quite a while ago, I assume (more than 3 or 4 months?).

So when does he do this? Is it territorial? Around his pen etc? What are they doing when he does this? Perhaps they were scaring him slightly? Are they used to handling bunnies?

Moved to Nutrition and Behaviour :)

Yes Dusty was neutered in June 09. We are all very attentive to Dusty and all know how to handle him gently. He seems to pounce as they walk by him. He likes to sit at the top of the stairs and their rooms are off the stairs and down the hallway. Maybe he is starting to fall asleep and they startle him. Thanks for your thoughts on this. I appreciate the input.

Foot agression seems to be comman. I am personally unsure why as I have never delt with it. Does it only happen when you have socks on? Shoes?

When he goes at your kids is it anywhere on them or just legs or hands? Is it after a specific activity like after they come in from out? I am guessing they live with you?

This has happened with bare feet. My kids are adults and interact with him a lot. He is like a member of the family. I am now thinking and now that you said this is common, he might be falling asleep and he is startled by the family walking by him to go down the stairs. He is such a nice little guy I am sure he is just sensitive when this happens. thanks

Latest posts

Back