Grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Ok so I have a lionhead thats pretty fluffy. She does not like to be held or touched. You can touch her but it last about a second. I noticed today she has a hard piece of food around the hair near her eye. I held her today and tried to get it off but it is stuck and she jumped out of my arms. Any suggestions on how to get it off. My husband said she will get it off herself. Can I put anything on it to soften it up. Thanks Mindy

Is it still stuck in her fur?

You may just have to pin her and remove it. If you're worried about hurting her by pulling it off, you could just trim it out with scissors.

To make pinning her easier, you might take a towel or a small blanket to kind of herd her into a corner of her cage, surround her with it, and with it still over her back, and your hand pressing down on her shoulders, uncover her face to remove the piece.

Follow up with a nice treat (and maybe a forehead scratch) to try to convince her that handling is not such a bad thing.

yahoo i did it. Well I picked her up and then put her on her back in my arms and like they say they get into a trance and I put a little bit of water on my fingers and got it soft and rolled it out!! Now I feel better

Latest posts

Back