Grooming help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
Hi all
I have 2 lion head cross angora bunnies that need a lot of grooming almost everyday they are supper fluffy but they hate being groomed so much and really stresses them out because I have to pick them up to brush them so I don't have a strong bond with them ...

does anyone have any advice for me to get them to like being groomed and how would I be able to groom them on the floor so I don't have to pick them up

Thanks in advance

My only suggestion is to give them their food, whether it's pellets or salad, and brush them while they're distracted eating. It may take a while to gain their confidence while doing this, but it's the only thing I can think of without actually restraining them. You may need a second person to hold the food (if it's lettuce or something) so that they have to keep nibbling in the same spot and don'r run off with it.

So I just tried brushing them on the floor while there eating there veggies muffin didn't mind it to much but nibbles hated it and kept running away I'm sure she'll get used to it the more I do it although they didn't like it when I brushed there faces
I'll put a picture in if muffin all poofy after i brushed him

View attachment 1454947207177.jpg

So fluffy!! :D Nice work, I'm glad that it worked for at least one of your bunns, I'm sure that Nibbles with come around :)

Latest posts

Back