Grooming eye too much?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
Iris has been bonded to Storm successfully. The only irking thing for him is when she decides to clean his one eye corner. I'm thinking that he's got a sensitive bit of skin there that opened when i last removed a booger from him, sometimes they get stuck hard. I'll check to see closer what's going on with that corner.
When i see her nibbling/grooming at his eye, i try to gently push her face onto his ear or shoulders, away from the eye but she's determined to clean him. It's not doing much harm, i suppose, it's only making Storm jolt, he doesn't seem to like it, and i think he might've been a bit irked as i saw her leaving him in a rush. Usually she would speed to lay next to him. Is she perhaps a bit too enthusiastic with her nibble grooming? Like, nibbling his fur as if to detangle it, not nipping his skin.
The most logical thing would be to keep redirecting her and if that doesn't do much, to keep them apart until Storm's eye is back to normal. But I don't really want to separate them, i see they're quite the duo. Any suggestions?

Well, i checked, and his eyes look fine, no redness to the corners. I wonder what's going on??

Could she be yanking whiskers out, and not actually be grooming the eye? I had a little doe that would do that. She would quietly lull them into a false sense of contentment as she licked their faces, then before they knew it... yank! She was the only one in the group with full size whiskers cause she yanked and chewed all the others off.

Oof. That must've been quite the stress for the others in that group. But no, his whiskies are all intact. Actually, i'm probably the one who makes him lose the most whiskies.
I literally see her schnozz in the corner of his eye, grooming. Perhaps she's slightly going against his skin with her teeth?

On a side note, they currently make me quite the paranoid person. From my vantage point up from the bunk i can't see if they're grooming or zooming or something, so any sudden noise jerks me up to take a look. Luckily only zoomies though. Iris is a funk-she went to the toilet to zoom circles in it. I'd like to get them a bigger toilet but then my one-year stockpile of pee pads won't be useful anymore.

Latest posts

Back